Notices

Keeping positive

Old 05-22-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Keeping positive

Hi loves

I've been reading a lot and haven't been participating here a great deal in the past week, but I appreciate all of you :-)

I just wanted to say that things haven't been so good my end. But I'm doing 90 meetings in 90 days, I have a job interview lined up, and I am grateful.

I'm 4 days sober after being lied to by a "friend". It was someone I hadn't seen in a few months who I thought was sober, turns out the 0% (not even 0.05% according to him!) beer was actually regular beer and after a few gulps and questioning him, I realised it.

I've discussed what happened in my face to face meetings and with my sponsor, so I am on a new path and feel good right now. I'm not letting a resentment hold me back and I'm keeping positive.

Thank you so much to everyone that shares here. I read far more than I post :-)
Old 05-22-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

I'm glad things are looking up! Keep being positive and good luck with the job interview
Old 05-22-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JaneLane View Post
Hi loves

I've been reading a lot and haven't been participating here a great deal in the past week, but I appreciate all of you :-)

I just wanted to say that things haven't been so good my end. But I'm doing 90 meetings in 90 days, I have a job interview lined up, and I am grateful.

I'm 4 days sober after being lied to by a "friend". It was someone I hadn't seen in a few months who I thought was sober, turns out the 0% (not even 0.05% according to him!) beer was actually regular beer and after a few gulps and questioning him, I realised it.

I've discussed what happened in my face to face meetings and with my sponsor, so I am on a new path and feel good right now. I'm not letting a resentment hold me back and I'm keeping positive.

Thank you so much to everyone that shares here. I read far more than I post :-)
Hey,

what are you doing to stay positive?

for me I realise I have to work on it everyday...but it's possible

as far as someone letting you down....listen, we are fundamenataly alone...is something I'm learning, I can't rely on anybody....people have one thing tattoed on their head: self interest

it's not meant to be negative! realistic
Old 05-22-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you posted and congrats on 4 days! That's an awful story about the not-non-alcoholic beer and friend. Hope you're cutting that friend out for now.

Disagree totally with what someone else in this thread said about being fundamentally alone. It's only through the help and support of others that I'm starting to realize that a new and better way of living is truly possible for me. I've lived isolated for a long time now and it sure as heck hasn't been working for me.

Hope you'll jump back into the Class of May 2015 thread, JaneLane. We've got some great support going on in there!
Old 05-22-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on the job interview JANE and the 4 days

A few gulps of beer shouldn't set you back too much.

90 meetings in 90 days is serious commitment, it sounds to me like you are on the right track
Old 05-22-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like you have a plan Jane - best wishes for the job

D
Old 05-22-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Happy for you Jane - and we're so glad you're part of the SR family.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey, Jane. I think you're doing some remarkably positive things to help on your journey. 90 in 90 sound like self-care to me. Good luck on the job interview!