Notices

hi

Old 05-22-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi

Well, hi. I seem to have found myself in a battle here. I'm 38, male, been self-medicating on vicodin, Norco, xanax, Percocet, etc since I was in my late teens. Weed was always my drug of choice, for the majority of my life, I would have done ANYTHING for it. I put so many at risk for so long. Finally, I met the girl who could convince me to stop. I didn't think I could have kids. I tried, literally since I was 18. It never took. I met my current girlfriend and we went to Big Bear one weekend. I got stoned and had a major seizure, started convulsing. Scared her to death. When I came to, she wouldn't let me go to sleep. I was probably two months clean off the weed then. We'll, she certainly kept me up all night. We came down the hill that Sunday morning... all THREE of us. I finally have my daughter I always wanted. I've stayed away from the weed for a good while. I was off and on at work for a while, but finally stopped. No desire to go back to it. My percr though. I take roughly 5 per day when my script is for TWO per day. I ran out last month and literally stole one aunts stash after another aunt gave me like 80-90 of HER stash to help me out. Ugh! Feeling like a dirtbag. I've been in pain due to a painful spine condition for two decades. I finally got a Dr to give me my own script. Unfortunately my tolerance and addictive personality gobble them down too fast. I'm on day 2 of withdrawals. I feel tired and sore, the worst part being what this does to the stomach. Aspirin and ibuprofen just don't do it but I try. It just tears my insides up. Been dry heaving like crazy too. Reglan and zofran help, thank God for pregnant girlfriend's meds. Ugh. How pathetic.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome 949. You will find support here.

Have you considered inpatient treatment?
Please see a doctor for your withdrawal symptoms, that sounds dangerous.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you talk to your dr and come up with a plan to get off the drugs.

I'm glad you found us.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi socal.

Congratulations on having a daughter and we'll done for giving up weed.

There is also a Substance Abuse forum on SR as well. You might find more people in a similar situation to you self there who are better able to give practical advice
Old 05-22-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to SR, 949socal. I second the advice to come completely clean with a doctor. Things can get better.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR

D
Old 05-23-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 05-23-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!