Wine into Water

Old 05-21-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Silver Member

Wine into Water

Forgot how good a magician I can be. I can change an open bottle of wine in the refrigerator into wine bottle half full of water and I can hide bottles of wine all around the house just by trying to reason with her about her drinking. A lesson I have to re-learn every so often.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Ha!

Your post really takes me back to the early days when I was a bit of a magician myself. It was a fairly easy tricks as far as magic goes. Just put a bottle of alcohol in the fridge or on a shelve and go to bed, and by morning... Voila, Water!

Those were the early days, before my Magicians Assistant decide that the best policy was to claim abstinence while perfecting the hidden bottle trick. I got pretty good at making those bottles re-appear. But the trick I'm the most proud of is the "Making Money Disappear From His Wallet While He's Passed Out on the Sofa" Trick.

Ahhhh. Good times, good times.

It's frustrating, I know. Always feeling that this person who is suppose to be your partner is secretly doing these things behind your back. Don't forget to take care of yourself, Firefighter. We can really lose ourselves when we get too involved in their silly cat and mouse games. If I could do it over again I would have gone to Alanon a lot sooner. (((((( hugs ))))))
Old 05-22-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I was in high school (I was not a drinker) my friends had been over and gotten into my parents liquor then topped it off with water.

Couple months later my folks had a party. One of the guests put a bottle of vodka in the freezer. I was standing in the kitchen when he pulled it out and yep there was a plug of ice at the top. I thought it was normal I had no idea vodka would not freeze. He was cool - he said hmmmm, looks like someone has been watering down your parents liquor. That's when I about crapped.

When RAH relapsed he was pretty sloppy. He didn't try any magic tricks. He would have a drink in hand and deny it was alcohol. I found receipts to liquor stores, bottle caps, mixer and so forth all without looking for it. I did go crazy looking for his liquor I never found out where he hid it. Then I stopped because it didn't matter he was so obviously drunk it was pointless.