Notices

Drinking Dreams

Old 05-21-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Drinking Dreams

I've been having drinking dreams lately. The first one I was at tavern and I wanted to have a drink. The bar was long it seemed to go on forever but there were no seats! Every seat was occupied. I desperately wanted a drink but couldn't find a place to sit. That was the end of the dream. Then just the other night I had a dream that I couldn't find any alcohol in the house so I stooped to drinking mouthwash. That one scared me a little. I never resorted to mouthwash during my drinking career. Anyway, I woke up feeling so relieved that it was only a dream. Whew!

I have to say that every morning I wake up and realize that I didn't drink the night before is such a wonderful feeling. So wonderful. This morning I popped out of bed and made some coffee and watched the sunrise out my kitchen window. Man that was nice.

I am so happy to be sober. I don't ever want those old feelings again.

I am feeling especially grateful today.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So happy for you ElleDee....Long may it continue
Old 05-21-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Member

We were just talking about drinking dreams this morning in the Class of May 2015 thread. Unlike you, when I have drinking dreams I tend to wake up in a sweat thinking at first that the dreams are real and that I've broken my sobriety. I hate that feeling.

But I love your post of gratefulness. It is a wonderful day to be sober, isn't it?