Notices

Another Day 1

Old 05-19-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Day 1

Today sort of sucks and I am back to Day 1 again. Hey, at least I did not drink today, which was something that crossed my mind. I told my drinking husband over the phone if he could refrain next time from drinking in the movie theatre and to at least wait until dinner. I need to set up more of these boundaries with him, or else it will just be too difficult for me. He was agreeable over the phone, so that is good.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What if he doesn't refrain? I'm not asking to be a jerk but what if? You will have to do it despite him.

I relapsed after 10.5 months sobriety after my alcoholic husband did. I quit again while he was still out there. He quit again but relapsed before Christmas and is still drinking. In fact, he's out drinking now after telling me he was going to an AA meeting. He didn't, of course, nor did I buy his lie. But I stayed sober and have 17 months sober.

Was it easy? Heck no. Would it have been easier to just start drinking again? Heck yes. If you want to quit you may need to remove yourself from the situation for a while. But I'm telling you it can be done. I was here a LOT. I went to AA meetings. I reached out. I scratched and clawed my way through it and I'm a heck of a lot stronger than I ever thought I was. Hang in there. We are with you.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

JB1980, I've been following your posts for a while and I'm not sure what to say that hasn't already been said.

It's up to YOU to take responsibility for YOUR drinking.

Time to stand up for yourself, set some boundaries and stick to them, and start fighting for your sobriety like your life depends on it. Because it does.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

It's a shame we can't control others drinking , especially those closest to us

keep on , m
Old 05-20-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That has to be so hard to have a drinking spouse while trying to quit! All the best to you and as already stated, you CAN beat this!