Notices

Fell after 7 days

Old 05-19-2015, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fell after 7 days

Well... I made it a week before I decided I could handle a night of binging. Day 2 has just began for me and I need some insight...

What is the weird "fog/blurry eyes" thing about? It's like I am straining to see properly. Colors look bland almost. And there is this huge muggy thick cloud over my senses. It got so noticeable this hangover that I actually used eye drops thinking it was dry eye.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey there Scared,

Congrats on day two. I cannot comment on the fog/blurry eyes, but I had very dry eyes for a while after I stopped. I had to use eye drops regularly. Perhaps a visit to the GP might clear it up?
Old 05-19-2015, 12:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What can you do to make sure this doesn't happen again? Perhaps you need to make some changes in your recovery plan to stay sober longer than a week.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

its probably dehydration
Old 05-19-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scared1234 View Post
Well... I made it a week before I decided I could handle a night of binging. Day 2 has just began for me and I need some insight...

What is the weird "fog/blurry eyes" thing about? It's like I am straining to see properly. Colors look bland almost. And there is this huge muggy thick cloud over my senses. It got so noticeable this hangover that I actually used eye drops thinking it was dry eye.
I have read Alcohol withdrawal can affect vision and know I suffered from blurred vision after large binges. Perhaps though it's time to have a chat with your Doctor?
Old 05-19-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi.
Let us remember that alcohol is not a health drink. It reacts differently with many of us because it’s toxic and has the ability to mess up much of our needed systems, like it or not.

The only way to combat it is to not drink it. How we go about that is an individual decision that has to be lifetime, one day at a time in a row.
BEWARE: Alcoholism is progressive, alcohol is powerful, baffling, cunning and insidious.

BE WELL
Old 05-19-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

...I need some insight
Here's some insight. Your own, from your post of 4/20:

This nonsense where I think its ok to just go buckwild with bottles of vodka on the weekends and abstaining on the weekdays just isn't good enough.
Binging wasn't working then. It isn't working now. Accept you can't drink, ever again, and spare yourself this misery.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Some of the insight you need can only be answered by yourself. Why did you pick up that first drink? What was the rationale behind picking up after 7 days? What emotions were you feeling?

I had to do a lot of work early on to identify triggers, triggering feelings and thinking patterns that were contributing to my drinking. I also had to learn to deal with the emotions and thoughts versus numbing them.

One of the things I found really helpful was filling in this blank, "I want to drink today because_______".

Then I would think about the emotions behind it or the thoughts that were leading up to it. By doing that, I could recognize certain patterns, thoughts and feelings that were contributing to my drinking and when I experienced any of these, I knew I had to be proactive and on my guard to ensure I didn't pick up.

Also, what is your plan to deal with cravings? I had to actively go out of my way to make sure I was occupied in early sobriety. By giving in, you're pretty much restarting that clock and making it that much harder on yourself to get sober.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
instant

Originally Posted by IOAA2 View Post

Let us remember that alcohol is not a health drink.

BE WELL
Great quote.

It took me a long time to learn how to get free. Lots of false starts, and a few days here and there. Keep at it
Old 05-19-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Some insight - below is a list of just some ( not all ) of the threads you have started in the past 2 months.

"Fell after 7 days"
"Day 1 again"
"Drank myself silly the past 2 days"
"Only lasted 3 days"
"I simply cannot picture my life without alcohol"
"Enough is Enough"
"This is going to Kill me"
"I cant do this on my own"

And what's common in almost all of them is that you share your recent drinking experience but then disappear, only to return a few days later with another drinking/binge/hangover story. Your threads always generate a lot of very good advice and insight from other members.

The bottom line though is that you aren't taking any action or using any kind of plan to give yourself a chance to get sober. And until you do, this cycle will simply continue over and over and over.

Why not take some action? Go to an AA meeting. Go to detox. Sign up for an intesnive outpatient program. See a drug/alcohol counselor. Visit your doctor. See your priest/pastor. Any of these things would be a great start to getting you into a program of recovery.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

What ScottfromWI said^^^
Old 05-19-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you guys...couple of you really opened up my eyes. I've been making a lot of mistakes and some of you posted my own titles n quotes..it really struck me. I know I got a lot of work to do. I love you all and am proud to call this place my sober home away from home I got to do better for me and I want to succeed so that one day I can help people who are in need as well