Notices

There was no excuse

Old 05-18-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

There was no excuse

SO embarrassed to say this and the ONLY reason im posting about this is because I don't want to be dishonest with you guys, especially when I am counting my days!

Anyways I got to day 13 and I drank! I wasn't even craving a drink at all, there was no apparent reason for it and certainly it was without excuse! I have a GREAT plan and I just foolishly decided to quit on it when it was working!

Not looking for advice on this one, I know what I did wrong and what happened,i am saying however that I sensibly put the bottle down and just wish to carry on with sobriety and darn well stick to the plan!

Have a great sober day everyone!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad that you came right back, Chilled, and that you know what went wrong. Shore up the holes in your plan and move forward solidly and with renewed resolve.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back and working on your recovery again.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My own stupid fault was nothing short of madness and sheer stupidity! I wasn't even craving a drink!

ANYWAYS that mistake wont happen again!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you are back chilled. I noticed that you dropped off the radar here at SR for a few days....do you use SR as part of you plan?
Old 05-18-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Glad you are back chilled. I noticed that you dropped off the radar here at SR for a few days....do you use SR as part of you plan?
I do indeed , its a great support system that I have here and also will be doing into intensive therapy with my head dr soon

I just wanna forget that FOOLISH moment on day 13 and crack on with sobriety now, day 2!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
I just wanna forget that FOOLISH moment on day 13 and crack on with sobriety now, day 2!
Moving forward is certainly important, but definitely learn from your last drinking experience. While it was not catastrophic it's worthwhile to look back and find out what happened so you can prevent it again in the future.

I would be willing to bet if you look back you will be able to find several clues as to why you drank that day, and I also bet some of them were well prior to the day itself. For example, you quit posting here on day 11...see if you can find out what happened to cause you to stop posting. And then figure out how to keep it from happening again..either by adding to what you are already doing, or doing it in a different way.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Moving forward is certainly important, but definitely learn from your last drinking experience. While it was not catastrophic it's worthwhile to look back and find out what happened so you can prevent it again in the future.

I would be willing to bet if you look back you will be able to find several clues as to why you drank that day, and I also bet some of them were well prior to the day itself. For example, you quit posting here on day 11...see if you can find out what happened to cause you to stop posting. And then figure out how to keep it from happening again..either by adding to what you are already doing, or doing it in a different way.
Now I am certainly not blaming anyone but myself I am the only one to blame here, but on day 11 I went to my mates house for 2 days to keep him company because he has just lost his mother to cancer, it wasn't stressful there but most certainly had a depressing air in the place. Im not sure if that was the reason or not but either way the responsibility is on me! I fully accept that!
Old 05-18-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job on posting and coming right back, tweak your plan and go at things again!!
Old 05-18-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad your back Chilledice
Old 05-18-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good save Chill!
Old 05-18-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and avoid the situation that made you decide to pick up the drink. Don't beat yourself up over the mistake. Just focus on how not to repeat it.

Good luck.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Getting sober is one thing; staying sober is always the marathon.
Maybe you need a better plan Chilled?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 05-18-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I did that a few times Chilled - without giving it much thought. Finally, I was disgusted enough to not be tempted anymore. I guess I needed further proof that it was never going to be fun again - and it was destroying me. (Glad you put the bottle down - I was years getting back on track.)