Inner peace, what a weird feeling....

Old 05-18-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Inner peace, what a weird feeling....

14 years ago my AH spiraled out of control. It was a living hell for three solid years. The circumstances revolved around him not getting a promotion at the office, so he says. I believed it too. But that was back then; he and I have both recognized that his spiral was way before the work crisis.

Here we are now with the same circumstance knocking on our door. He recently had an assistant walk off the job and now his supervisor is retiring. He is next in line for the position and the powers above are questioning his ability.

I too have changes coming soon at my work. Our company is on the verge of bankruptcy and we are being bought out. There has been no communication on if we keep our jobs, etc. Pretty scary right?

Friends, honestly I have not lost one night of sleep over this! It is so weird! Normally I would be in a panic, drowning in fear, screaming at everyone at home. My life and my loved ones would be in total chaos right now. But this time, my soul is at peace. This is new territory for me. Either I am really working a good program here or I am just too tired to care!

Anyway – just thought I would share…

Hope you all have a blessed day!

Peace,
~Triggers
Old 05-18-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

"Too tired to care" isn't always a bad thing, lol. I've sometimes done my best work at the very end of a grueling project when I'm simply too tired to agonize over the things that slow me down and have me second-guessing myself.

In my experience, things work out as they are supposed to. Nothing ever improved just because I worried about it.

Hugs!
Old 05-18-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're swimming in a big bucket load of acceptance, KTT! That's great, and I'm glad to hear it.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's AWESOME. Recovery IN action!

Stressing over it all won't change it one bit, but it can be so hard to stop the reflexive reaction to jump into that mode.

One of my favorite SR quotes: "Worrying is like praying for all the wrong things to happen." When I heard it put that way, it changed my perspective a lot!
Old 05-18-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I love this! I'm arriving here the same time you are-just accepting life and knowing Gods got me-so nothing even gets to me anymore. Great feeling! Recovery is a great thing....good for you
Old 05-19-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!

And I have to give a shout out to all of you who share your stories and you words with me.

I can't begin to tell you how much of a difference this has made for me in my recovery.