Notices

Rehabs

Old 05-14-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rehabs

I think it's for the best i have a short stay in a rehab, i think i need it to break the cycle and sort my head out. I'm from the UK, and i have been looking at a UK rehab directory, not sure if it contains all options.

One of my main concerns is i don't want to be locked up in a building. I don't cope well being confined to a building with 30 strangers and no exercise....
Old 05-14-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You may want to ask those questions of each facility....many use exercise as part of the program. Generally you aren't allowed to leave on your own though during the stay.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah i have to say i would of liked a place where maybe i could leave for 40 mins twice a day, but also realize restrictions are in place for a reason.

I think i will have to get onto the phone, i wouldnt do rehab right away but what i would do is do 2 weeks of AA prior to going into rehab. I'm no longer a social drinker and i isolate myself at the moment, so will struggle like mad with being in a building with complete strangers.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Rehab is interesting, for me I am very private person and like being alone. Rehab I had people around me 24/7 and after the first 2 weeks I remember it being one of the happiest times of my life. It was only 6 months of my life I had to deal with all that and now I'm back to my reality and have taken back my privacy. Really though rehab is only a small small portion of our lives it also was one of my favorite parts too.