Notices

Hi Everyone....I'm back

Old 05-14-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone....I'm back

Hi all. I was here back in August and actually stopped drinking for about two and a half months, then started again. At first I thought, I can handle this! I can be a normal social drinker!

Oh, how wrong I was. I was getting up to as much as THREE BOTTLES OF WINE a day, and I only weigh about 115 pounds. It took another particular bad binge to make me stop. This is technically Day 3, although it's kind of Day 4 because the first day I just had 1/2 bottle and was in horrible withdrawal all day.

The whole detox process was much easier this time, for some reason. Yesterday I felt fantastic, but took Benadryl to help me sleep (because you know how that is), so this morning feeling really foggy and weird. I'm thinking it's the Benadryl or maybe still withdrawal? I still get the sweating and hot flashes, though. But then again I am menopausal so I guess I'm extra lucky.

Reading this forum the past few days has been extremely helpful, and I just want to thank everyone. All of your stories are so inspiring to me. Now I realize I need to check in and read every day. The first time I quit I convinced myself, "See how easy that was? You don't have a problem after all!" So very wrong.

Can't wait to start getting my life back in order again. Now I see instead of dealing with problems and things I needed to take care of, I just drank.

Anyway, thanks again all, and I'll be posting my progress. This is such a great support forum! Thank you all again
Old 05-14-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Ginamarie; I am sorry that you have been struggling but happy to see that you are choosing the path to sobriety!!!
Old 05-14-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you made it back
Old 05-14-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back Ginamarie, I look forward to your daily post.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back Ginamarie. You know what it takes, stay close to SR.

Great job on 3- 4 days!
Old 05-14-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks all!

I don't know why I thought I could handle it, but I guess that's the alcoholic talking, right?

Funny story (or really not funny at all), I was in the process of moving and moved in with my sister and her family for two months. That's when I started drinking again, because they were. Stupid, I know.

One night I had too much, passed out on the couch, and then started sleepwalking! In front of everyone! Saying stupid things, like I was looking for an electrical outlet and saying things like "Where's the volume control!??" Loudly. I also got belligerent with my sister. I don't remember any of it, but I vaguely remembered looking for an electrical outlet. (wtf)

How on earth that didn't get me to stop is beyond me. I just cut back for a while and was okay until I moved into new place, then the drinking alone started increasing again.

The past couple months I would wake up hung over pretty much every day and would say, I have GOT to stop drinking. I guess it takes some of us a few times. It was literally destroying my life. I hope it's not too late to pick up the pieces.

Thanks for listening.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back Ginamarie! Your post is pretty much identical to my first post on this forum back in January. It's never too late to pick up the pieces, glad you are here.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back, Ginamarie!
Old 05-14-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you are back, trying again.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Gina Marie!!!

I am on day 4 also. Starting to come "back to life" physically, which is great. Determined to stay sober and make that the last time I lie to myself and say "hmmmm maybe I can handle it this time....." - because we all know that's B.S. if you're an alky/addict!!!!!!!

Just wanted to say - glad to see you here and I'm right along with ya On to day 5 tomorrow!!
Old 05-14-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you made it back ginamarie

D
Old 05-14-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome back Ginamarie!!
Old 05-14-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well I was sober for all of a week and thought I could handle alcohol again. Great job on the 2 months. I think we all fall down at some point (or at least I would like to believe that). I am back to day one-we are in this journey together
Old 05-16-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hilarious - I think we can all relate

This makes me laugh every time I read it. Enjoy

5 Things Nobody Tells You About Quitting Drinking | Cracked.com
Old 05-16-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ginamarie323 View Post
This makes me laugh every time I read it. Enjoy

5 Things Nobody Tells You About Quitting Drinking | Cracked.com
Omg! I love this! Found it a couple of months ago. How are you today?
Old 05-16-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm good thanks! Still feeling foggy and out of sorts, but that's normal, I guess.

How are you feeling? Read about your 911 scare. Glad you have someone stayiing with you! I had a full-on panic attack about a year ago....in front of about five lawyers while working. Never been so embarrassed in my life. For me it was because I was, of course, hung over at the time.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ginamarie323 View Post
I'm good thanks! Still feeling foggy and out of sorts, but that's normal, I guess.

How are you feeling? Read about your 911 scare. Glad you have someone stayiing with you! I had a full-on panic attack about a year ago....in front of about five lawyers while working. Never been so embarrassed in my life. For me it was because I was, of course, hung over at the time.
I'm doing a little better now I guess, still feel pretty weird. Really embarrassing and I can imagine what my parents neighbors are thinking right now. Our family is known as being the crazy ones in the neighborhood already.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yeah,, those are pretty scary. Mine was so bad I saw a psychiatrist and didn't even tell her about my drinking.....at all. She gave me Xanax and put me on anti-anxiety/antidepressant.

I was going a good two weeks of having panic attacks, panicking about having panic attacks, it was like a flow-chart of anxiety. The Xanax helped, but I was STILL drinking (not a good combo at all)