Fear of Husband's Relapse is going away

Old 05-13-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fear of Husband's Relapse is going away

So I had this overwhelming fear that my husband was headed for a relapse recently. I became a bit obnoxious asking where he was going or had been. I asked if he drank or chewed tobacco and he would get so angry. Finally I found evidence that he had chewed tobacco. I confronted him. At first he refused to talk about it and lied to me again. Then when I explained to him my fears and that it wasn't really unfounded that I thought he was hiding something because he was, he finally talked to me. Explained how stressed he's been. Knows the chewing tobacco bothers me and that's why he lied an hid it. I told him I don't like it but I'd rather he was honest with me then sneaking around hiding it. He's now continued to chew but doesn't leave the house anymore to do it. I don't like it but I guess it's better than drinking. My concern will always be there but I do feel a little better. At least I know I can trust my gut when I think my husband's hiding something that I'm probably right and he is.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can trust your gut...and you should!
Old 05-13-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Always trust that gut instinct!