Notices

151 days and i'm having trouble today.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stay Strong and Motivated

151 days and i'm having trouble today.

I'm not sure why I feel this way, but I really want to drink. It's been about five months since my last drink and as of the last few months I've been fine with no desire to drink. Today I want it, bad. I have my coat on ready to leave to go get it. I keep mulling it over in my mind, trying to think of all the reasons why I shouldn't/can't but it's not helping. I want it and I feel depressed because I want it, which makes me want it even more. I need help.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi jayman. Don't do it. There is no reason good enough to have a drink. Find something else to do to keep yourself busy. The craving should pass. Hang in there and be strong!
Old 05-13-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, Jayman, great job on 151 days.

Take that coat off; sit down and start writing a list of the reasons why you quit drinking. Maybe go back and read your past SR posts.

Play the tape forward of how drinking today will go - the short-lived 'reprieve', the horrific, lingering hangover, the regret and the disappointment, and potentially the full-blown relapse.

You can get through this, jayman. We are here for you.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Jayman - Good for you to post BEFORE drinking! That's a huge step - tells me you really don't want to drink, just need to get through this feeling.

I committed last June 9th not to drink that day. Not forever, just that day - good feeling or bad, craving or not I would not drink June 9th.

My days have added up - still have not had a drink. My head is clearing, I am becoming a productive member of my family again and can shave while looking in the mirror. I can only do this one day at a time, forever doesn't ever enter my thoughts.

This too shall pass - those are words I use when I feel a craving. I remember that last time I drank and crap I caused for myself and those I love. I hated that way that felt and don't want to feel it again. So, I remember it>

Most of us did not get to SR on a winning streak! We did not google things like - I am a frigging drunk and need to quit because my life has turned to total **** and everything I touch sucks~

Maybe your search parameters where different
What brought you here, day one???

Ride it out, call a friend - keep posting. Maybe stick your head in an ** meeting if you will.......do whatever it takes. Tomorrow you'll be so glad you did!!
Stick with us!!!!

Cubs Fan????
Old 05-13-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Stay Strong and Motivated

I rode it out, i'm feeling better after having a big meal while reading through my prior posts and thinking about the consequences if I drink. I'm glad I posted, your comments really helped. It's a scary thing how it just came out of no where. Thank you all for the support.

Not a cubs fan btw, ever since they folded and gave up in 2008.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jay, I'm glad you got through the craving situation. It sounds like you're doing well and congratulations on 151 days sober.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jayman View Post
I rode it out, i'm feeling better after having a big meal while reading through my prior posts and thinking about the consequences if I drink. I'm glad I posted, your comments really helped. It's a scary thing how it just came out of no where. Thank you all for the support.

Not a cubs fan btw, ever since they folded and gave up in 2008.
Great job flexing those sober muscles, jayman.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

So glad you got through that jayman

D
Old 09-14-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by Fly N Buy View Post

Most of us did not get to SR on a winning streak! We did not google things like - I am a frigging drunk and need to quit because my life has turned to total **** and everything I touch sucks~

Maybe your search parameters where different
I nearly spewed my morning coffee all over my laptop reading this! So very true!
Old 09-14-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Jayman
Old 09-14-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

When I got desperate enough I tried AA. Been sober ever since. If what we are doing isn't working it is likely time for something new
Old 09-14-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jayman View Post
I'm not sure why I feel this way, but I really want to drink. It's been about five months since my last drink and as of the last few months I've been fine with no desire to drink. Today I want it, bad. I have my coat on ready to leave to go get it. I keep mulling it over in my mind, trying to think of all the reasons why I shouldn't/can't but it's not helping. I want it and I feel depressed because I want it, which makes me want it even more. I need help.
Hi Jayman
I had a period of almost two years sober before I relapsed...which of course I regret. At 5 months I had the same thing happen to me. It was triggered by anger for sure...I literally was driving to the liquor store. But somehow, something came over me....sort of a wave of calm and I just drove past it. Thank Goodness. Try to do something other than drink until the craving passes. Eat. Don't attach to the urge. Hang in there.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Hope you are still doing well, Jayman! I'm on day 151 today.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wow, 5 months is amazing! Hope you are still doing well
Old 09-14-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Rar

Glad you stuck it out Jayman. Great job.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

I know how you feel!! I'm at 100 days and all weekend all I could think about was that!! I think my trigger is stress- I used to moderate stress with wine. Same stress still there and now I have to learn different coping skills. Glad you posted. So not worth it.