Notices

Day two again

Old 05-12-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day two again

After a good stint I though (stupidly) I would have a few at the weekend, felt so ill though yesterday it was unreal. I felt I had really let myself down, got all depressed earlier as I'm on my own again in an empty apartment. Went for a walk but ended up crying as have family troubles too. My boyfriend (who doesn't know) told me I was the love of his life last week and he'd do anything for me, so why can't i do this for him?
Then I came on here and read some of the posts and just wanted to say thank you all for lifting my spirits. It's like a virtual hug, just what I needed. Have ended up sketching in a book which I haven't done for years. Feel stronger now than ever, oh how an hour can change things!
Old 05-12-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there rl41. First of all, you have to do this for you. You may start out wanting to do it for someone else, but sooner rather than later you need to do it for you. Good on you for the sketching. It will get better day by day - you will see.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Anything you can change over this coming weekend to help make sure you don't do it again?

At least you've done it once, so you know it's possible!
Old 05-12-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi rl41. Best of luck to you this time. I would think that most of us fall a time or 2 and all we can do is get back up and try again. You got this!
Old 05-12-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by rl41 View Post
My boyfriend (who doesn't know) told me I was the love of his life last week and he'd do anything for me, so why can't i do this for him?
Ah, because recovery is so very hard and personal, we can't do it for someone else. We really have to do it for ourselves. When I tried to stop drinking for my family, I failed and it didn't work until I was willing to believe that I was worth it.

I'm so glad that you feel better. Getting back to sketching is a great idea.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I think I'm trying to say I want it for both of us, for the future we would have together.

Back to the sketching!
Old 05-12-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

So what's the plan now rl41?

D