Raising the bar

Old 05-12-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Raising the bar

Back when Ducky boy first dumped me. Via text. I remember replying that all that I ever wanted was to spend time with him sober. No booze, no drugs, no craziness of it all. Just one vacation that wouldn't get destroyed. Some girl would get that and I hope she appreciates it because I know I would have. Well the girl is here now and she can't possibly appreciate him sober the way I would since she's never dealt with him drunk. Time will tell

In reality, I wasn't asking for much. I've had great times with guys who weren't addicts and I expected much more of them and got it. I lowered the bar so far for this drunken junkie a snake couldn't limbo under it. No, never again. I swear I can feel the oxygen getting back into my brain!!
Old 05-12-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you learn from it, it isn't a waste.
Next stop, freedom from thinking about him and his personal life.

What are you planning for you Ducky?
Old 05-12-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Going back to the gym for one. And of course I'm still going to do my SMART meetings. Im not out of the woods yet with my issues. I'll be here too! Honestly I don't know where my head would be right now without SR.

I had an interview for a new job out of that toxic restaurant that i work in. I'm going to do a 2 day trial to see if I fit in. Fingers crossed! No more ranting alkie boss! Its more money and still in walking distance. I thought I might join some meet up groups this summer. Given that I work evenings and weekends it's hard to socialize. There's a few that meet during the day that might be fun like stand up paddle boarding!

I just bought a new car four days ago. So, I may take a road trip to see my son in NC. For the first time in a longtime I think I can see some real possibilities of rebuilding a life here. I've learned it doesn't matter if I have to start over, as long as I don't stop. That's what being with an addict did to me. Stopped me dead in my tracks!

I can't see it all, but I'm looking forward to a positive journey!
Old 05-12-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

For the first time in a longtime I think I can see some real possibilities of rebuilding a life here.

Think it was Eleanor Roosevelt who said:

the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

I am excited and hopeful for you Ducky, good things await. Keep your chin up, you are on your way!
Old 05-12-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck on your possible new job. Work environment can have a huge impact. Ive been trying to get one of my single friends to try out those local meet and greets. They list all kinds of fun activities and I think it would be low pressure too. I think you should do it!