Just waiting

Old 05-12-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just waiting

Well, I had an offer on my house but I'm not sure what's happening now because the guy seems to be dragging his feet. I've never sold a house before so I don't know how this stuff usually goes.
I found out my husband finished his 3 month bender and checked himself into detox yesterday.
Doesn't change anything for me.
I just want this house to sell so I can move. I know I need to be patient, i'm just so ready.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi maybear!

I guess my question would be, are you working with a realtor? Did you accept the offer? Was the potential buyer pre-approved for a home loan?

Many things could be holding up the works at this point. If you have a realtor, then that person should be able to provide you with information about what has yet to be done.

I hope things move along for you! I'm glad that at least your husband is where he needs to be to get help if he finally decides that is what he wants to do.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Maybear, did you accept the offer or make a counter-offer? I'm guessing the latter. It's good to have such a concrete sign of interest after such a short time.
Also good news about your husband. Even if it changes nothing for you this might give him a chance at a decent life. I hope so.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The guy made the offer with the disclaimer that he wanted to look at the structural engineer report I had done when I bought it.
The report is fine, there is some minor damage as you would expect for a 30 year old home but it is structurally sound.
When the agent called the guy after he sent him the report the guy suddenly seemed a bit cagey and said he would get back to him. The agent thinks someone might have been in his ear. This guy is young and a first home buyer apparently.
The agent was supposed to chase it up today and get back to me but I haven't heard anything. I guess that's not a no or a yes.
It would be great if it sold so soon but I guess it has only been on the market a week.
Feeling Great, it is good he is in detox. For some reason I feel a bit angry. I think it's just the too little too late thing. And having to do this on my own. And my child is sick. And he has had his family contact me about his stuff because I guess he can't face me. But I don't want that anger to make me bitter so I'm trying to deal with it.
I am just crossing my fingers that things happen quickly with the house.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

And Seren, yes, apparently this buyer has pre approval and is ready to go!
Old 05-12-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Pretty common for folks to second guess themselves and it makes the process pretty stressful for us sellers. We have a pretty unique property with well and septic system and many folks just don't know whats involved. I welcome questions. Many folk also kick tires. Hang in there. The guy will either go the distance or not (not much we can do about it). Its a process for sure. Here they have 72 hours to respond to counter offers (we've had them take longer too,, ugh!) We are in our 3rd month of marketing ours. It takes time and the right buyer.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by maybear View Post
Feeling Great, it is good he is in detox. For some reason I feel a bit angry. I think it's just the too little too late thing. And having to do this on my own. And my child is sick. And he has had his family contact me about his stuff because I guess he can't face me. But I don't want that anger to make me bitter so I'm trying to deal with it.
Yeah, the whole thing sucks Maybear, and he could try acting more like a real man. ((((((hugs))))))