Notices

Checking In

Old 05-11-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking In

The last time I dropped by here, I reported a lot of anxiety and depression. It was suggested that I consider medication. I did not take that advice, and I am glad of it.

Not that I blame anyone for any path they take to sobriety. We're all on the same boat, but some have heavier burdens, I think. There are a lot of factors.

I'm doing this as naturally as possible. I do not want any other addictions.

Today is Day 135 for me. It has gotten both easier and harder. The physical symptoms have lessened, but are not completely gone. The anxiety has mostly lifted. I am happier. But...

That nasty Voice is whispering. I went to a concert a week or so ago. I almost didn't, but I wasn't about to miss Ben Folds, who is my favorite performer. Everyone was drinking at the show. It seemed like 99% of the audience was. I won't lie; it was tough, but I got through it.

Then again this past weekend. Friday. I was badly wanting to go grab a twelve pack. I didn't. I made it through the night, and was grateful in the morning.

No desire to drink this evening. It comes and goes. I guess I am in for the long haul. I drank heavily for four decades. That is a hell of a dependency. Literally.

I have been exercising a lot, and eating well. I do succumb to the sugar cravings more than I should. It's like I have to have it now and then. Then it seems like I get a phantom sugar hangover.

All things considered, I am doing very well. Grateful to be in recovery and positive about the future. I certainly can't go through this again. It seems like recovery nearly killed me this time.

It's a long, difficult road. 135 days is no record, but it ain't half bad either. I have my moments of weakness, but I know that I can't go back.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on 135 days, livinginhope.

It gets easier as your sobriety becomes more and more 'second nature'.

You are doing well.

If that voice becomes louder or more persistent, you may want to look into RR and AVRT.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ined-long.html
Old 05-11-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the update.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 135 days sober! It will get better too, with more sober time.