Chakra cleansing & meditation

Old 05-11-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Chakra cleansing & meditation

Code job suggested to me in another post to try chakras, meditation etc.

I was on you tube and did a 1/2 hr chakra cleanse but didn't see the colours that was talked about or feel the warmth. Do chakras work and what exactly does it do??

I've also been trying some meditation but again not sure which to try and what to focus on, there is meditation for everything, broken hearts, anxiety, abandonment everything. I listen to a deep am chora last night also and fell asleep during it so not sure whether it works if I fall asleep lol

I've also tried a sleep hypnosis for letting go of past relationships but I just don't know whether any of these work or help. Any experience and insight would be helpful

Thank you
Old 05-11-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had the experience you described with the colors etc. during a reiki session. For me meditation is a daily practice. I've tried different guided meditations and I also do mantras in my car (hopefully it just looks like I'm singing along with the radio and other drivers don't look over and think I'm losing it).
It's not something where there are big, obvious results all at once. It's more about the cumulative effects. IMO, falling asleep during a guided meditation still counts. Maybe even more because it's going directly to your deeper consciousness without all those pesky distracting thoughts to get in the way.
Meditation has really helped me a lot. I don't think there's a "right" or "wrong" way to do it. It's about what works for you.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Thanks, it's a new experience for me so not sure if I'm doing it right or what I should be doing but il keep trying it sure it can't hurt
Old 05-11-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Butterfly, I think simply putting forth the effort, just having the intention, is what counts. I am someone who always wants to know how stuff works. If it can't be logically explained, well, then I don't believe it works!

But you know what? I've had a number of experiences now where simply letting go, just trusting in the good intentions, has brought me new insights, new ways of thinking, moments of peace, moments of joy, the ability to forgive things I haven't been able to forgive before--all kinds of wonderful things. I can't say where they came from. I surely can't take credit for them or explain them. But there they are....so I'm changing that "it's got to be logical or it's not real" way of thinking!

You don't need to overthink it--there is no one and only "right" meditation. So I'd say just pick a meditation that appeals to you, that seems like something you'd like to do at that moment. You'll get benefit from it, and more benefit the more you practice. As ladyscribbler said, it's cumulative, not something that happens all at once.

And if meditation is too "still" for you? Try yoga or tai chi. Check into reiki. Google "body work" or "energy work" for more ideas. There are as many ways to go about this as there are people, I think, and your perfect combination will be unlike anyone else's. Explore--who knows what you might find?
Old 05-11-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There is a YouTube vid called 500 power affirmations. It's my all time favorite. As HP said, it's about intention.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I do beginner meditations using the HeadSpace app on my iPhone. I think the first 10 meditations were free and now I purchase a monthly membership to use the guided mediations limitlessly. They even have some 2 minute SOS meditations that I use when I don't actually have time to meditate for a long time but I know that I need to simmer down. What I like best about this app is that it teaches you HOW to meditate and WHY meditation is so beneficial to many different areas of your life.

As an aside, I used to think meditation was so hippy-dippy until I started seeing articles from business magazines in the the Times about how mediation is actually a big trend right now with business professionals in my area and in Southern California. Everyone wants balance...whether they're in alcoholic relationships/families or not.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Kept you occupied? You got some rest? Then it worked.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

I think just attempting it is great because it shows you're trying to move on, even if it's hard. Also, not an expert, but I'm sure meditation is a journey rather than a destination (sorry to sound like a motivation poster!). You get something out of it even if you don't reach some desired state.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Thanks everyone.