Happy Mother's Day!

Old 05-09-2015, 09:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Mother's Day!

Just wanted to say...
Happy Mother's Day to all the mummies out there. It's Mother's Day here in Australia already.
I hope you are doing something nice.
I went shopping for myself and bought some clothes, even though I probably shouldn't have. Still waiting for my 1 year old to surprise me with some flowers, a home cooked meal or maybe some diamonds! Ha ha. Too young?!
Hope you all have a lovely day!
Old 05-09-2015, 11:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Happy Mother's Day to you too, Maybear.

Here's wishing you lots of fantastic hugs and sloppy kisses from that one year old.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Much love to all the mamas here. Not to brag or anything, but I got a lovely bouquet of dandelions from DS6. They are cheering up my kitchen as we speak, all perky and fluffy in their little bud vase. Of course that might change when I'm ruthlessly mowing down their yellow brethren in the yard later today.
Yep, I'm a real mother.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Happy Mother's Day! I got a brand new set of cookware and two new bread pans yesterday as an early gift from Mr. Grits. I've recently had to start on the low-FODMAP diet, so anything that could cross-contaminate my food with gluten had to go. I was so happy to see my shiny new kitchen toys! I'd rather have bread pans than flowers any day. Unless it's something I can re-pot and put in the yard. Herbs are especially nice to receive. I hope all of the mother's here at SR have a wonderful day!
Old 05-10-2015, 02:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy mothers day to you all!
Old 05-10-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy mama's day! And a big hug to those of us who's moms are with the Angels today. Double hugs to those who's moms are struggling with addiction. May you above all have the gift of serenity today.

My DD came over yesterday and started doing my hair. She's very creative and has planned a nice cut and color for me! I work today (boo work! Yea money!) so she has to finish later. My real gift is having her sober!! Can't be grateful enough!
Old 05-10-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy Mothers Day the kids are making breakfast as I am typing this. Off I go to eat
Old 05-10-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Daughter (31) and I are off to Mom's Day at the Ballpark! our traditional mom's day outing. extra bonus is King Felix is pitching, going for a 6-0 record for the season. The mom's day give away this year is "sun hats" - what a hoot! we have our K towels from Opening Day when King Felix was also pitching, how lucky are we????
Old 05-10-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Happy Mothers Day, my dear friends!!!

My mothers days gift was my DD22 suprised me with a visit last night. (drove 2 1/2 hours to see me). So both DD"s are a sleep right now. That is truly my GIFT!!

Love to you all!! As you are all LOVED!!!
Old 05-10-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I have a lot of gratitude this morning, not that I've done anything all that special. I woke up and could NOT get my ear clear--it was all blocked up (not to be gross, but 30-some years ago I had to have an ear irrigated, so I knew what the problem was). I'm leaving on a business trip tomorrow for almost the whole week and I knew I would be miserable unless I did something about this. They just opened a brand new "Urgent Care" facility right next to the grocery store I shop at. I walked right in and walked out in under an hour with complete relief. $10 copay and that was it.

These Urgent Care places are AWESOME. What a terrific idea for those things you don't want to go to the ER for but need to see someone right away after your doctor's hours.

Kiddos will probably call later today. I sent cards to my stepmom and the kids' stepmom but forgot to put them in the mail till Friday, so probably haven't gotten there yet. I'll call them and wish them a happy Moms Day.