Notices

need to stop

Old 05-04-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need to stop

Hi, I've been drinking nearly everday for about 10 years now, it doesn't make me happy, I don't know why I do it, but I have a problem, and I cannot stop. Last night I went out, got drunk, went to a house party, done drugs, made a fool of myself, then I tried to end my life. I stood by a road and waited for a car to come past so I could throw myself infront of it. A car came by, but I didn't have the balls to do it. today I am telling myself that I am done with drink. I do not want to drink another drop of alcohol for as long as I live.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You can get sober and live a rewarding life. I did over five years ago and don't regret a minute of it.

I hope the support here can help you stop drinking for good.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi DK and I'm glad you found us. Yes stopping drinking is the first step. but don't be afraid to go for therapy and get help to address the underlying depression.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome. You have come to the right place for support. Have you ever been in counseling? Maybe this is something you need professional help with. I promise you suicide is not the answer. You have a purpose in life, and killing yourself will only hurt people who love you. I was a drug addict, and alcoholic for over a decade, and I am only 26. But I have been clean off of drugs for over 2 years now. I have only been sober from alcohol for 15 days, but it is a start. It is possible to do. You have to commit fully to quitting though. I do understand what you are going through, and if you need to talk please feel free to message me.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you all. no ive never been to counselling. I may look into it. first of all I am going to try and stop by myself, and see where that gets me. I need to stop the habit of going to the shop, buying cans, and drinking by myself all day.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It is possible to do it alone. I did, but I definitely suggest utilizing this forum. It is what has helped me the most this time around.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

life is a lot better sober....

welcome.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome Dynamite. Changing up your routine would definitely help. You might want to consider an AA meeting or another type of meeting in your area, it's great to be in the presence of others who are also trying to quit.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello & Welcome DynamiteKid nice to meet you

Youl find great support here
Old 05-04-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum DynamiteKid!!
Old 05-04-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad you are here, DK.

Sobriety and being clean is certainly much better than alcoholism and drug addiction.

For me, I have found recovery through AA.

I asked God for help and he gave me AA.

Your mileage may vary, but that it what has worked for me now for a long, long time.

Please keep us posted with your progress.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I've started drinking today. as I feel I wont be able to sleep If I don't. theres too much on my mind, I'd just be thinking about stuff all night. I will try again 2moro.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am concerned that you have ending your own life on your mind when you're under the influence.

My suggestion is to call 911 if this happens again. Better yet, why not make an appointment with a therapist asap and tell them your concerns about your drinking problem and suicidal ideations?

I see a big red flag in your original post and wanted to reach out to you.

Please be safe.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am glad you are reaching out, DynamiteKid. You will find a lot of support and helpful advice from the good people here.

Remember, suicide is permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Keep posting and let us know what you are doing to improve your situation. People care about you, DynamiteKid. Try not to forget that.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by DynamiteKid View Post
I've started drinking today. as I feel I wont be able to sleep If I don't. theres too much on my mind, I'd just be thinking about stuff all night. I will try again 2moro.
I was always able to find an excuse to drink and put off starting my sober life until tomorrow.

It will never get easier. Sooner or later you just have to DO it.

Best of Luck on Your Journey!
Old 05-04-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Dynamitekid I was right where you were. In the end I started to seriously think about suicide when I drank. If you start feeling like that please don't be afraid to ask for help. If you are in the USA you can call the national suicide hotline1-800-273-TALK (8255).
Old 05-04-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

DK my problems with sleeping and all the stuff on my mind only got better when I stopped drinking. It's a vicious circle.

I agree with the suggestions to seek help. Suicide is not the answer. If you check in somewhere they can help with the drinking and withdrawal, the sleep issues and any underlying mental health issues.

Start today. Not tomorrow. I won't drink today. Be well.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by DynamiteKid View Post
Hi dynamitekid - welcome

you need to face that no sleep thing sooner or later...we all do...
the longer you put it off the worse it's going to be.

D
Old 05-06-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

today I start again. trying to keep myself busy. been for a 2hour bike ride. determined to beat this disease!
Old 05-06-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

It is great to hear from you, DynamiteKid. I am glad you are back. I bet the 2 hour bike ride helped to clear your head and get you focused on your recovery. That is a great start.

Keep coming back. Keep letting us know how you are doing. We are pulling for you.