Notices

2 any & all heavy drinkers, PLEASE read

Old 05-04-2015, 12:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 any & all heavy drinkers, PLEASE read

Hi, my name is Cory. I've been a 'heavy' drinker only 2-4 times weekly for about 3 yrs. now. Recently, about 3 weeks ago I started noticing a tingly sensation in my legs and an unusual weakness. This has progressed into my arms now. I'd researched, online these symptoms and found I've possibly attained alcoholic neuropathy. I hope to encourage any whom read this to STOP drinking! Cause good grief, I've always been unstoppable, hadn't any limits till now... I don't know. It's scary to think I may be forever changed for the worse ALL cause I wouldn't STOP DRINKING! PLEASE if you drink and don't believe it'll every harm you think again. It's NOT worth this... Good luck
Old 05-04-2015, 12:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're going through this James. I misdiagnosed myself on Google with many different fatal and debilitating afflictions and diseases. Turns out I was wrong. My health was in terrible shape but out of the 14 or so very real health problems I had after ten years of nightly binge drinking, all 14 of them went away with complete abstinence from alcohol. I'd bet money that your tingly feelings will go away with time and abstinence. Needless to say, but this took me years to figure out, the no alcohol thing has to be complete, no more, 100%, never, ever drinking to see improved health.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi James

do go to a doctor to confirm that diagnosis, ok? It could be alcoholic neuropathy - but it could be many other things too.

D
Old 05-04-2015, 01:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Melinda

I believe you're correct and hope this to be true... That by staying abstinent from any and all alcohol I'll be able to regain myself and such abilities that allow me to perform at my best. May this simply be nothing more than a wake up call and a REAL good reason not to EVER drink again!
Old 05-04-2015, 02:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Been there done that Dee74

Went to a doctor which against normal odds he claims it's a pinched nerve and said if it don't go away that I'll need an MRI. This costs basically the same as a residential treatment through American addiction treatment centers which I hope to have enough courage to ask my supervisor for thus an opportunity to pursue and still have a job... Thanks to the FMLA I think it'll work out... I hope
Old 05-04-2015, 02:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things must be different in America...I've had lots of pinched nerves, but never needed an MRI for them - here it's usually rest, patience and physiotherapy if required.

I guess an MRI may help with back and disc issues in certain cases.

If you disagree with the diagnosis maybe find another Dr for a second opinion?

D
Old 05-04-2015, 03:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

I had very similar symptons in the arms, shortly after stopping drinking. Dr Google also lead me to alcoholic neuropathy. My doctor also suggested an MRI.
It answered my questions and explained my symptons.
Not knowing is the worse thing. I suggest you kreep away from Dr Google .. get the MRI and move forward with a sober life.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum James!! Great to hear you went to see a Dr!!