Notices

Day 395 recovering from surgery

Old 05-03-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 395 recovering from surgery

Had a scope done on my ankle in April 22nd and am currently out of commission from work and the gym! It's starting to take its toll on me from not being able to drive either since it's my right foot! I'm fighting through it though. Our health is the most important thing we got so I'm just excited to getting close to being back to 100% but it sure seems far away time and $ wise. I hope everyone enjoyed the fight last night if they watched it and if not I hope everyone had a great sober weekend!
Old 05-03-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope for a speedy recovery for you Brad. And congrats on 395 days!!
Old 05-03-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Many congratulations on 395 days, Brad, and for staying strong through what must be a very frustrating time. Sounds like you're doing brilliantly!
Old 05-03-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Brad41989 View Post
Had a scope done on my ankle in April 22nd and am currently out of commission from work and the gym! It's starting to take its toll on me from not being able to drive either since it's my right foot! I'm fighting through it though. Our health is the most important thing we got so I'm just excited to getting close to being back to 100% but it sure seems far away time and $ wise. I hope everyone enjoyed the fight last night if they watched it and if not I hope everyone had a great sober weekend!
With my hip broke, I'm sort of in the same boat too It's my left hip so I am going to be able to drive shortly. I get really tired really quick. That is very unusual for me. I was afraid to get hooked on pain pills so I stopped them, told the Doctor He said it is my choice, they are not given for healing only pain! 27 days without......the hardest part is over.

Still Sober! Good luck to you and your ankle
Old 05-03-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

395 Days is fantastic Brad!!
Old 05-03-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon Brad - congrats on your sober time

D
Old 05-03-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing you a speedy recovery Brad congrats on the sober time
Old 05-03-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 395 days Brad.

Hope your ankle mends soon
Old 05-03-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your sober time and best wishes for your ankle to heal quickly and completely.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on 395 days and wishing you a speedy recovery!
Old 05-03-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Brad41989 View Post
I had my ankle broken awhile back. The right ankle like yours. They put a cast on at first and them gave me a sort of reinforced boot and said I could drive with it. It was possible to drive but several times I nearly had an accident since the boot made it harder to step on the brake. I say this just to give you a heads up when you reach the boot stage. It's no good getting into an accident and hurting yourself or someone else. I waited a while more to drive and occasionally took the boot off in order to drive. Congrats on all the sobriety!

W.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody for the replies! Means a lot to me I'm not on social media Facebook Twitter Instagram or whatever else their is so its nice to talk to people who I know actually care and give their advice! As well as share their previous or current experiences. It's a uplift for sure, instead of somebody liking a status! I'm close to the road of being 100% it's that much more encouraging hearing from you all today! Take it easy Everyone and thanks again means so much!

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery