Notices

I've been so busy couldn't even post

Old 05-01-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've been so busy couldn't even post

I've been so busy couldn't even post and that is awesome news by my calculations, that means I've successfully built a local support group.

My days are pretty calculated now, wake up, go to a meeting or take a walk, if I can call one of my east coast friends or chat on line with one of them. Apply for work, or be at rehab, or a meeting.

Yeah, I am worried, I don't really have anymore chances so with that in mind, I don't give myself a chance to drink. AA, rehab, online support, calling someone, really doesn't matter as long as I am sober.

Feeling good, a lot is riding on this month and a lot can change this month, so I am trying to let rubber meet road.

I get depressed a lot though, and I do miss alcohol no lie there. I oftentimes wonder if " normal" is every going to come back or what it is if it returns.

Though I have crazy bouts with depression and lots of anxiety I am forcing myself to engage with recovery in one matter or another. Tonight I woke up its 230 am, feeling lonely and detached from the world, I am posting. No matter what, I am trying hard to live in a solution not the problem.

Well good night or day, or whenever to you, thanks for reading my thoughts on this very sober and dark night.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you for posting, Jeremy. Sounds like you're doing great and you're really "working it." Hang in there. It is very difficult at first, but you are now actively in the process of success. Stay the course!
Old 05-01-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well Jeremy - continue thinking about your plan tho - there may be days ahead when you haven't got anything to do and that might be a danger for you.

Be prepared for that

D
Old 05-01-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job Jeremy! Soon the good days are going to start outnumbering the bad. Keep it up, you sound great!

Jennifer
Old 05-01-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job Jeremy!

Like Dee said, make sure you start preparing yourself for the idle times. That's when our AV can turn a good day into a nightmare. Have a plan and a back up plan.

Keep up the good work!
Old 05-01-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds positive Jeremy!!
Old 05-01-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Give it time, be patient, hang tuff. I was craving bad too until the 3 month month mark. It does get better. Today I am so thankful that I stuck it out. You will be, too. Write or Pm me anytime. GOOD on you!
Old 05-01-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am mostly on the up and up, the anti-psychotics are really helping a lot, I am still hearing things, but able to discount them. The mood swings have proven to be a challenge though, thats the one thing I've really highlighted with outpatient I got from happy to depressed and angst ridden at the drop of a hat.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm no doctor, but I'd be hoping that the longer you stay sober other things will improve slowly, too.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
I am mostly on the up and up, the anti-psychotics are really helping a lot, I am still hearing things, but able to discount them.
See, isn't it a good reason not to stop taking them?

Mood swings will get better in the longer run if you remain sober, Jeremy. Just keep going with a consistent routine.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The only way the anxiety or depression has a chance at continuous improvement is if you maintain sobriety, TDG.

Good on you for seeking constant support my friend.