Notices

Day 7 and beyond

Old 04-28-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7 and beyond

I was just wondering if my SR buddies had any advice or suggestions.

I seem to reach day 6/7 easily and then the weekend creeps up and consumes any excuses I have and back to square one.

To anyone willing and wanting to stop drinking, life without it is amazing. The sober days I have I feel alive. It is this dread 6/7 day glitch i cant get past, the next day I hate myself and the cycle begins.

Drinking has always been a part of my nightly cycle so maybe i need to move my gym sessions to then? Any suggestions welcome
Old 04-28-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Dean, change up the routine. Jump on SR here when you feel the itch.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have the exact same problem. I get in my routine, start working out, then Friday gets here. I'm sure it's relatively common. While I'm not doing very well right now, in the past where I go sobriety in the months, I made sure to post on SR, and stay away from it at all costs.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I used to get in the same cycle. It wasn't until my health started to decline that I was able to stop, I hope for your sake you stop before I decided to. My health has gotten better since I quit and I have no desire to go back to my old ways.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can identify your patterns. That's helpful - you can plan for those. I spend a lot of evenings at the gym - my drinking time was 6-8pm. There's smoothie bar there but no alcohol! Consider planning out a different routine and try to get through that 7th day.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's my pattern too. For me it's because by the time I get to the week mark, I feel physically better and it doesn't seem like such an issue anymore.

I am now on day 10 and keeping busy has been a big thing for me at the weekends. On Friday night I was here, posting and watched a couple of films. On Saturday I went out with a sober friend and on Sunday I was in a totally sober environment too with my partner. I just can't have idle hands at the weekend, it's a big thing for me.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys n gals. In my head I knew I thought I would need to mix things up and also nice to hear that people have similar experiences (nice is the wrong word but you get my drift). Once I bust the 7 days I feel it will be easier to handle. *cracks knuckles* I can do this
Old 04-29-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Also please join us on the weekend thread(Weekend Bus). It usually starts on Thursday and is just a place to hang out on the weekend and see what the rest of the non drinking folk are doing on the weekend.

It has helped me a ton. Friday and Sat night are the scary times for me.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Rootin for you Dean