miracles do still happen

Old 04-27-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

miracles do still happen

This past weekend I witnessed a miracle . . .well actually I've been witnessing a miracle for a little over 3 years now.

Some of you may remember me sharing about my eldest daughter and her struggles with this disease. She is 35 yrs old, with 3 beautiful children, extremely intelligent, a gorgeous smile, loving heart and a rap sheet a mile long. She is a self-proclaimed addict & alcoholic, been in jail multiple times, in-patient & out patient treatments multiple times. She lost custody of those precious 3 children and lost every ounce of self-respect she ever had.

I was powerless to help her. After many years in Al-Anon learning what I needed to know being married to her Dad (my now ex AH), I knew how to set boundaries. This program, my HP and my friends at SR helped me when she asked for a place to live in the middle of her chaos to tell her
"I love you and have enough respect for you to not take away your dignity. I love you enough to know that you can do this. Our house is not a healthy place for you & you can't get what you need to make you better here."

So fast forward many years later til this past Saturday, I attended an AA convention. My lovely daughter was one of the AA speakers with over 3 years continuous sobriety. You can see the peace, joy, serenity and hope in her eyes.
Six years ago, I was the Al-Anon speaker at this same convention and I spoke about allowing her to walk her own path.

Her miracle happen not because of anything I did or didn't do ~ it happened because she & her Higher Power worked it out.

I know how many of you, especially the parents suffer heartbreak over your children ~ how you still see them as those precious little boys & girls - with kool-ade mustaches & pigtails - but as much as they are our little ones ~ for me I had to learn that they belong to a Higher Power even more than me.

Prayerfully they will allow their will to meet with the will of their HP to walk a better path.

Never give up hope my friends ~ even when you have to distance yourself to take care of you ~

PINK HUGS (hope, unity, gratitude & serenity)
Old 04-27-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting this, MsPinkAcres! May happiness and peace be yours and your daughter's for years and years to come.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

MsPinkAcres , its so good to hear this story.
Nothing better than to see our children, our adult children at that,turning away from destructive living , to making their way in this world, in a healthy and joy filled way. I am so happy for both of you, and those precious children too.

thank you for the reminder that it can and does happen!
Old 04-28-2015, 03:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your posting put a big smile on my face this morning . Hope & faith God Bless you & your family .
Old 04-28-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

"I love you and have enough respect for you to not take away your dignity. I love you enough to know that you can do this. Our house is not a healthy place for you & you can't get what you need to make you better here."
often times members ask what is the difference between enabling and support. ^^^^^^ right here - beautiful. No judgment, filled with heartfelt love and sincerity.

How wonderful it must have been to see your daughter speak. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ms pink. Thanks so much for this post. I am going to see my son in his rehab and have been struggling for the words to use when he says. Can I come home. I may borrow those few lines if you don't mind. Thanks. And so happy to hear about happy.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is wonderful! It's so nice to hear a positive story!

Congrats to both of you!
Old 04-28-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Your post gave me hope when I really needed it. Thank you.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

A beautiful share full of love and hope. Thank you!
Old 04-28-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wonderful share! Thank you Ms Pink!
Old 04-28-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Ms. Pink, you tickle my heart each time you share your recovery and this story just made me smile and feel the joy you and your daughter both must share.

How wonderful for each of you to be able to build a healthy relationship and it is through the grace of God and the courage of her mama that your daughter has found her peace...finally.

Hugs
Old 04-28-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

People will tell us to lose faith, lose hope, lose the light.

People are wrong a whole lot of the time.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. I will always have hope that my daughter will work things out with her HP one day as well. I wish your daughter and your family many years of happiness.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Originally Posted by Twofour View Post
Ms pink. Thanks so much for this post. I am going to see my son in his rehab and have been struggling for the words to use when he says. Can I come home. I may borrow those few lines if you don't mind. Thanks. And so happy to hear about happy.
((twofour))

I pray that your visit with your son goes well ~ that you have the strength, courage and wisdom to make the healthy decisions for yourself and for him.

Please feel free to use the words my HP gave to me through my recovery program ~ I believe just as the AA program suggest to it's members "the only way we can keep it is to give it away" this also works for our al-anon program.

May the light of recovery shine brightly in you today

PINK HUGS!