We all arrive on time…

Old 04-27-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

We all arrive on time…

My original SR join date is September 2013. At that time, I think I read one thread, joined, and then forgot about it, didn’t come back for a year.

In September 2014, I was in major crisis mode. I don’t remember what made me remember or come back to SR, but I am SO glad that I did.

I wonder though, if I had taken advantage of it when I first joined, how different things would be for me right now. I think I would have handled things a lot differently last summer when AH’s drinking was at its worst.

I like to think I would have gotten to the point that I made him move out a lot more quickly, and that I would have had the strength to stick to it, but I guess I’ll never know.

I suppose there is a reason though, that I arrived here and at Al-Anon when I did, and not before.

I don’t know, just something I was thinking about.

Happy Monday all!
Old 04-28-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post k boys! It's almost been a year for me. Like you, I would post then disappear and post again until I made the final NC break! There is No point in us looking back with regrets! Rather embrace what you said.... We have arrived!!!! Thanks again!!! Lots of hugs!
suaboys
Originally Posted by Kboys View Post
My original SR join date is September 2013. At that time, I think I read one thread, joined, and then forgot about it, didn’t come back for a year.

In September 2014, I was in major crisis mode. I don’t remember what made me remember or come back to SR, but I am SO glad that I did.

I wonder though, if I had taken advantage of it when I first joined, how different things would be for me right now. I think I would have handled things a lot differently last summer when AH’s drinking was at its worst.

I like to think I would have gotten to the point that I made him move out a lot more quickly, and that I would have had the strength to stick to it, but I guess I’ll never know.

I suppose there is a reason though, that I arrived here and at Al-Anon when I did, and not before.

I don’t know, just something I was thinking about.

Happy Monday all!
Old 04-29-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hugs back to you Slothy

You're right, no point in looking back with regrets! It only makes us crazy

It is what it is and we did the best we could at the time.

I'm finally starting to accept that, and stop beating myself up over the things I wish I would have done differently...
Old 04-29-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have been here on SR for 10 years! On and off...

And only started going to Al Anon in Jan 2015!

But yep I guess right now I am exactly where I am supposed to be. During the ten years i educated myself quite well on Alcoholism the family disease. Recognised many traits in myself that I didn't particularly like...

Once my children were a bit older ( they were only small when I first arrived here) and definitely became aware there was a 'problem' in the home I just had to step forward again for myself and for them....

So I started attending Al Anon and very quickly I knew I needed to be there...for me!

And it really is helping me
All the very best phiz