Notices

Day4

Old 04-22-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day4

Hi, hope everyone is hanging in there and having a great day. I'm 4 days sober! Iv experienced every emotion possible the last cpl days. I called made an appt to talk w a counslers yesterday, met w her today! I was so scared going in there, what to say, what she would think. I got it all out & then some. I feel alot better, I think I feel positive for the first time. I will b following up w her weekly, and I also will be seeing a physiological, may or not include meds to help. Iv finally excepted my disease and I am getting help. I'm sure there will be struggles but I am ready because alcohol don't live here no more! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by drunk1 View Post
Hi, hope everyone is hanging in there and having a great day. I'm 4 days sober! Iv experienced every emotion possible the last cpl days. I called made an appt to talk w a counslers yesterday, met w her today! I was so scared going in there, what to say, what she would think. I got it all out & then some. I feel alot better, I think I feel positive for the first time. I will b following up w her weekly, and I also will be seeing a physiological, may or not include meds to help. Iv finally excepted my disease and I am getting help. I'm sure there will be struggles but I am ready because alcohol don't live here no more! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello my sweet ive been through the same feelings of emotions to the last couple days. Feeling abit lost and where to start. Its fab that you have decided to meet a councillor although it didn't work for me to well.

it does feel so good though when you finally vent things out and admit the truth, i found getting through it was the support of my mum and just venting when i need to do it is amazing. I had meds to help because i had to be hospitalized to detox but in on antidepressants and sleeping tablets which helps alot Hun. Its good when you finally accept the problem and face it straight on �� its time to look at the future and take it day by day. And be positive to no alcohol is in the past and its all about sobriety..well done sweet...
Old 04-22-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi 1,

Yes the first fews days are quite the rollercoaster of emotions, and difficult sleep, and too much thikning and obessing but it does GET Better - it really does. You're doing great. post with any questions...

i started Yoga - never thought I'd be the type but it helps a lot. Just saying
Old 04-22-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I really am thinking of trying yoga, and taking it one day at a time is god sent!!!!!
Old 04-22-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 4
Old 04-22-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by drunk1 View Post
I really am thinking of trying yoga, and taking it one day at a time is god sent!!!!!
I did a yoga class last Saturday morning, and it was great! Came out of there feeling great!!! Not only was the exercise wonderful, but being around such nice, happy people is uplifting! Want to make it at least a weekly activity.....
Give it a try! Sure can't hurt!
Old 04-23-2015, 01:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ah I'm on day four too! Congratulations and I'm so pleased that the counsellor is helping you.

As for yoga, I recommend it to everyone :-) I'm saving up to undertake yoga teacher training and the benefits for the mind and body are incredible!
Old 04-23-2015, 02:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 4 guys

D
Old 04-23-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

4 days is amazing! Congrats for making the steps to take care of you and find healing from this disease! All the best to you!