Notices

Day 2 for me

Old 04-22-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me

Slept like 12 hours last night. Felt depressed. After work my wife asked me to pick up some sandwich meat for the kids lunch. I could here in her voice she regretted asking me. I told her I could do it. Seeing all the beer and alcohol displays was hard but made it home.
Only to feel a bit lost and feeling like all I wanted to do is sleep. My birthday is soon. I just feel lost. I want this so bad. I want to be better for me, my wife and kids. I woke up dry heaving.
Good to have my wife in corner. But I found myself fantasizing about a relapse months down the road
Old 04-22-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just worry about today, aflo1. Know that you are doing the right thing for you and for your family.

Bear down, grit your teeth, and get through the day.

Good luck. We are here for you.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on day 2 aflo. The first few days of physical withdrawals are they toughest, your body is not used to being sedated all the time and it needs time to heal. Consider yourself fortunate to be able to sleep...insomnia is sometimes a problem early on too.

Just remember that withdrawals are only temporary....you should start feeling a big improvement in the upcoming days. If you don't, consider seeing a doctor - some of us are deficient in things that can be improved with diet, exercise, etc.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good jon on two days. It's a start. I've found not looking down the road to relapse and just not drinking today more manageable than projecting what may happen.
Best to you and your family. Hope you post tomorrow and say day three. You can do it.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 2 Aflo it will get better
Old 04-22-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 2 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 04-22-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 2 is really good. And, things will begin to improve physically and mentally, very soon. I'm glad your wife is supporting you, too. Don't fantasize about a relapse months away. Stay sober and you may be surprised how good you feel in a few months.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I remember the beginning all I thought about was drinking and that now I can't drink and that maybe someday I will drink and what will I do if I don't drink.

That actually does go away. After a few weeks I remember looking up and thinking "hey I'm not thinking about drinking"

it gets better - it really does
Old 04-22-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the encouragement I stayed very busy at work I appreciate you all
Old 04-22-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aflo1 View Post
Slept like 12 hours last night. Felt depressed. After work my wife asked me to pick up some sandwich meat for the kids lunch. I could here in her voice she regretted asking me. I told her I could do it. Seeing all the beer and alcohol displays was hard but made it home.
Only to feel a bit lost and feeling like all I wanted to do is sleep. My birthday is soon. I just feel lost. I want this so bad. I want to be better for me, my wife and kids. I woke up dry heaving.
Good to have my wife in corner. But I found myself fantasizing about a relapse months down the road
Great job! You are getting through the worst of the physical stuff right now. The mental stuff does get easier the longer you stay sober. Congratulations on day 2.