Notices

First Night Of Sleep

Old 04-22-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Night Of Sleep

Well I wouldn't call it a full night ... It was more like an hour, but it was the first sleep since I drank Saturday night. Of course it was a soaking wet sweaty gross hour of sleep ... But I'll take it ... Maybe I'll get 2 hours tonight. Woohoo!
Old 04-22-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will get better progressively Mad

D
Old 04-22-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good stuff, keep it up
Old 04-22-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Stay with it Mad....sleep first few days will be rough. But one night soon you'll sleep so well and wake up in a whole new place. Its worth it.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

stay with it Mad, folks is right, it gets progressively better
Old 04-22-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yep, happened to me too.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is progress for sure! I must admit I'm starting to sleep better too. Stay with it!
Old 04-22-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats
Old 04-22-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Its been helpful to talk on here even if it is only talking about 1 hour of sleep. This isn't the first time I've tried to quit and been going through bad withdraw. Honestly I've been in a state of "trying to quit" for years however this is the first time I've been on SR during it. Most of the initial violent withdraw symptoms are gone, vomiting, uncontrollable shaking, hearing things, severe abdominal pain, etc ... Looking back I probably should have gone to the hospital for detox. I was coming off a week long bender and the last 2 days of it probably drank a gallon of vodka and the just stopped. I will say one thing I experienced this time and still am is severe burning and bloodshot eyes ... Normally that would happen for like a day maybe two ... But its been 4 days and it seems like they are getting worse not better ... Lack of sleep maybe? Anyway ... Thanks for letting me rant
Old 04-22-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Madmartigan View Post
Thanks everyone. Its been helpful to talk on here even if it is only talking about 1 hour of sleep. This isn't the first time I've tried to quit and been going through bad withdraw. Honestly I've been in a state of "trying to quit" for years however this is the first time I've been on SR during it. Most of the initial violent withdraw symptoms are gone, vomiting, uncontrollable shaking, hearing things, severe abdominal pain, etc ... Looking back I probably should have gone to the hospital for detox. I was coming off a week long bender and the last 2 days of it probably drank a gallon of vodka and the just stopped. I will say one thing I experienced this time and still am is severe burning and bloodshot eyes ... Normally that would happen for like a day maybe two ... But its been 4 days and it seems like they are getting worse not better ... Lack of sleep maybe? Anyway ... Thanks for letting me rant
We can't give medical advice but if a pharmacist or doctor checks you out they'll be able to help I'm sure :-) my eyes are painful at the moment due to the curse of allergies!
Old 04-22-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hang in there!! It'll get better!!
Old 04-22-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My first few nights were unbearable but they got easier, although i did end up having a seizure due to withdrawals and had to be hospitalised so keep and eye on yourself Hun.

well done and stick with it Hun
Old 04-22-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Almost broke down a few hours ago ... Very very close ... Got in the shower to get ready to go to the liqour store and just stayed in there for a long time playing tug of war in my head ... Got ready and had talked myself down to about 50\50 to drink or not ... Drove around for awhile headed to get booze ... Passed a McDonalds and pulled in and pigged out on some double cheeseburgers ... Sat there for awhile and came home ... Feel better now
Old 04-22-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh yeah that's a pretty good example of H.A.L.T. In action. When the urge pops up seemingly out of nowhere check in with your mind and body. Are you hungry, angry, lonely, or tired? Early on I realized many of my cravings for alcohol happened when I was hungry, but it didn't register as hungry. It registered as "Me Want Beer."
Old 04-23-2015, 01:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Almost broke down a few hours ago ... Very very close ... Got in the shower to get ready to go to the liqour store and just stayed in there for a long time playing tug of war in my head ... Got ready and had talked myself down to about 50\50 to drink or not ... Drove around for awhile headed to get booze ... Passed a McDonalds and pulled in and pigged out on some double cheeseburgers ... Sat there for awhile and came home ... Feel better now
Yay! I'm glad you ate instead of drinking. HALT really works for me too :-)
Old 04-23-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Feel pretty good this morning ... Slept most of the night which was amazing! I actually feel rested for the first time since i can remember. Here's to a good day 5!
Old 04-23-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Feel pretty good this morning ... Slept most of the night which was amazing! I actually feel rested for the first time since i can remember. Here's to a good day 5!
As they say every day gets easier hope you have a lovely day at keep going!