Notices

1 Week

Old 04-21-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 Week

Feeling a sense of accomplishment as I wake up this morning. I have gone a week without drinking. Woohoo! Although I am having ****** sleep and still feeling like rubbish, it's getting better. The momentum is building and I am strengthening my resolve to never drink again. Every now and then a thought pops into my head and I think I would like to have a drink at this event or how am I going to do this forever? I am concerned that I might last a couple of months and forget why I stopped. But the more I tell myself that that's it and I just don't do that anymore, the more comfortable I am with it. I just have to remind myself of all the positive reasons to stop. I can't think of any negatives!!! Logging on here regularly and support from my partner and family and friends is helping too. Thanks for sharing your stories, it helps to know that I am not alone in this. I am trying to keep busy is and remain focused. I went to my first hot yoga class yesterday (I reckon I sweated out a bottle of wine that my body was hanging on to). It was the first proper exercise I had done in a long time. Something I wouldn't have done if I was still drinking.

If I can do this you can too!!!!
Old 04-21-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Exellent news Aajajen
Old 04-21-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Great work on a week Jen! Sounds like you are doing a lot of positive things to keep your sobriety strong too, keep up the good work.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done on one week. That's great. Your sleep will get better. You will feel better. You will get thoughts popping into your head about drinking. Don't entertain them. False promises.

Don't think at this point about "how am I going to do this forever". That is one mighty long time and scary overwhelming. Daunting. I found it much easier to focus on today. Today, I won't drink. I can always drink tomorrow, but today, I won't drink. Then say it again when you wake up tomorrow.

Sounds like you are doing a lot of the right things. You can do this. Keep logging on and reading and posting. I find that helps me a lot. Keep going!
Old 04-21-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

1 Week is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 04-21-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

'grats on your week

D
Old 04-21-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

One week is wonderful aajajen! You'll feel much better as you get more sober time - those first few weeks are rough. Proud of you.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the words of encouragement and support. Planning to take each day as it comes and am looking forward to feeling better over the next couple of weeks. The community here on SR has been invaluable in getting to this point. I am so pleased to be part of this collective group of people.