The Language of Letting Go, April 21

Old 04-20-2015, 10:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Language of Letting Go, April 21

April 21

You are reading from the book "The Language of Letting Go."

Waiting

Wait. If the time is not right, the way is not clear, the answer or decision not consistent, wait.

We may feel a sense of urgency. We may want to resolve the issue by doing something, anything, now, but that action is not in our best interest.

Living with confusion or unsolved problems is difficult. It is easier to resolve things. But making a decision too soon, doing something before it's time, means we may have to go back and redo it.

If the time is not right, wait. If the way is not clear, do not plunge forward. If the answer or decision feels muddy, wait.

In this new way of life, there is a Guiding Force. We do not ever have to move too soon or move out of harmony. Waiting is an action--a positive, forceful action.

Often, waiting is a Higher Power-guided action, one with as much power as a decision, and more power than an urgent, ill-timed decision.

We do not have to pressure ourselves by insisting that we do or know something before it's time. When it is time, we will know. We will move into that time naturally and harmoniously. We will have peace and consistency. We will feel empowered in a way we do not feel today.

Deal with the panic, the urgency, and the fear; do not let them control or dictate decisions.

Waiting isn't easy. It isn't fun. But waiting is often necessary to get what we want. It is not dead time; it is not downtime. The answer will come. The power will come. The time will come. And it will be right.

Today, I will wait, if waiting is the action I need in order to take care of myself. I will know that I am taking a positive, forceful action by waiting until the time is right. Higher Power, help me let go of my fear, urgency, and panic. Help me learn the art of waiting until the time is right. Help me learn timing.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.

Old 04-21-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love this, thank you for posting.

An added note, I also love the photos you have at the end of your threads and if this is a view you have of your yard I am totally, unbelievably envious!
Old 04-21-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knowthetriggers View Post
An added note, I also love the photos you have at the end of your threads and if this is a view you have of your yard I am totally, unbelievably envious!
Here is the story behind the window view pictures I've started including: There is a woman at work who is "one of us." We were talking some time ago and she was lamenting how she wishes she had a window she could look out of in her basement office at the bakery; there is no natural light and no view and it gets depressing. I had started sending her "The Language of Letting Go", and I began adding a photo of a window to the daily email so she'd at least have a virtual window view.

After doing this for a while, I decided to add that same window to the SR daily post, just to remind us all that there's a beautiful world out there, whether we can "see out our window" or not...

I'm glad you like them--I really enjoy picking them out each day!
Old 04-21-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I do love them! Thank you so much for posting them
Old 04-21-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Such a lovely one. I first started to learn that some problems resolve themselves in my work. Pulling that lesson into my personal life with RAH - well that has been trickier.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So true. It's just what I needed to read. I usually address unsolved problems sooner rather than later. But, that's not the case lately. Sometimes, it's best to wait. Table an issue for the moment. Come back to it later. It's advice I recently received...although your post made much more sense to me.

So, I'll wait...even though it is difficult.