It's not a compliment anymore

Old 04-18-2015, 03:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's not a compliment anymore

got a text from ducky-boy.

"I always appreciated everything you did for me "

Not, sorry, hope your well or sorry I was/am a train wreck. Nothing. Why? He doesn't care about any way this may have affected me. Ah, the protection of the rehab bubble, enabling family and new gf distraction.

There was a time I would have taken this "appreciation" to heart. It would have felt good to be appreciated. Not anymore, at least not by him and his equally sick family.

Well, this won't happen again I assure you.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well that bubble - it pops.

Have a good day. It is spring here and I'm meeting up with my running buddy. What are you doing for you?
Old 04-18-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh, CJ, when the bubble pops, mama will be there to catch him.

Actually today is going to be good. I took a mental health day from work and I'm going to go see my friends new greenhouse. It's huge and we are thinking of doing some cooking lessons. It will be great! It's on a farm and people will be able to pick their own stuff and learn to cook it up! I'm pretty jazzed about it. Then I'm going to inspect a food truck that another friend is buying. I'm going to help create his menu. Then in the evening I'll be be meeting old (I'm talking since 7 years old) friends for dinner. First, I'm dragging my carcass out of the blankets and do a nice 5 mile walk. Sunday I'm redoing my resume and really getting hot about finding a new job. Then catching up on journaling. I am going to rebuild the best life that I possibly can.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Are you going to block him?

Originally Posted by Duckygirl1 View Post
got a text from ducky-boy.

"I always appreciated everything you did for me "

Not, sorry, hope your well or sorry I was/am a train wreck. Nothing. Why? He doesn't care about any way this may have affected me. Ah, the protection of the rehab bubble, enabling family and new gf distraction.

There was a time I would have taken this "appreciation" to heart. It would have felt good to be appreciated. Not anymore, at least not by him and his equally sick family.

Well, this won't happen again I assure you.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

May not have to, but will on gp. This is the first I've heard in ages. He has his stuff, so I won't be hearing from him again. It would have to be a cold day in hell before he'd ask me for a favor. All text and everything is also gone. I've got some breathing room
Old 04-18-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Oh, you got his stuff out of there? Yay!!

Know what? I'd block him. Why put yourself through more crap? Any attempts to contact you, even if you ignored, would be like having boxes of his stuff around--a reminder, something to trip over.

Have a great day today!
Old 04-18-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

True Lexie! His brothers gf, my friend J ( she and very active A bro got back together) took the stuff at my house it to the bros house. The stuff in the unit is going to his parents. But that stuff I don't have to look at. The girls have to pick up the slack again, but it's a huge weight off of my mind. She knew it was killing me and was kind to help. I just couldn't bring myself to do the goodwill thing. Brothers and Sisters will actually pick it up I found out. I'll just keep that in mind if the occasion rises.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

rehab bubble... oh that damn bubble, as long as they are in rehab they are just angels on earth. protected and loved, like all is done and why can't you just forgive and move on? Jeesh, quit living in the past.. yep. know that feeling hon. HUGS ( all said in complete X's voice LOL )
Old 04-18-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I just couldn't bring myself to do the goodwill thing.
That s ok, what matters is that you got it out and you can close that chapter in your life.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh, but Carlotta I still have the address you so kindly looked up for me! still have stuff in my storage unit. That's going to take time for me to separate though. Good will may yet benefit!