Notices

Addiction is just a biatch

Old 04-17-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Addiction is just a biatch

Every now and then I dabble with a cigar. Never really had an issue - maybe 1-2 every six months or so. A few weeks ago I had two back to back sat/sun. Thought nothing of it. Then read that cigars have as much nicotine as cigarettes, and although you don't inhale, it can permeate through the lining of your mouth. Then two weeks ago I had another two. All of a sudden I had the fear of God in me: I was becoming addicted, and as you might imagine, this past week I found myself fiening. Maybe/probably psycho-somatic, but I all of a sudden felt powerless. Started going through all the same emotions when I was drinking. Convincing myself it was ok, feeling guilty, etc.

For the love of God, I just can't seem to half arse anything addictive. Anyway, off the cigars now... When they say our brains are just configured differently, they weren't kidding. At least I know enough that if it doesn't feel right, just stop. Don't ask, don't debate, don't think twice - just stop. I sure as sh-t am not replacing alcohol,with cancer causing, smell infested, glory sticks.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on noticing the behaviours and drawing a line!!