Trying to post

Old 04-17-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to post

Hi

Tried to post twice but no luck hopefully this time

Ok. This work now editing

Ok never done this before, let alone gone sort of public

Drug of choice. 7 x 30 mg dihydrocodeine and 30/500 co codomol fizzy 5 times a day. When unable to get CWE Paromol ans OTC co codomol

Unable to go to doctor due to getting others in trouble for getting me drugs

Other meds I am on are depression, BP, cholesterol, water and beta blockers for BP

I have 3 very good reasons to stop, I hate my self, a loving partner and late teenager child. Both are aware of the problem but not the severity

I have watched this site and believe I can get the help and support I need. I don't need judgement have already done that and condemned myself

I should be on 2 x 4 times a day with support from paracetamol.

My partner wants me to go on the correct dosage straight away, Bear in mind he does not no the extent, with them handing the pills with support from the T Receipe. Or should I just go straight cold turkey with or with out the Receipe support

I only really know at present I need advice from the "been there gang"

Oh BTW I was also a long to carer for several years to both parents, both are now deceased. The last on 6 months ago. I realised the drugs were also supplying a crutch to support them

Any advice or suggestions, and hints of what to expect gratefully accepted
Old 04-17-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well you posted this time. Welcome to SR!
Old 04-17-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

There seem to be a few site issues. Sorry about that.

I'm glad you made it though - welcome

D
Old 04-17-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Mylifeback
Old 04-17-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 04-17-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome !

Hope to get some advice soon. I think I have made the right decisions to come here.

Hopefully there is away out of this mess I have got myself in
Old 04-17-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

my advice is to make a plan

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...very-plan.html
Old 04-17-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ok I get what your saying, and luckily I do have hobbies etc. my friends and wider family are unaware of the problem, but again I am lucky in the sense non of them are users (I believe) so no temptation there

I have start a journal tonite to try and log feelings of when I would succumb to divert myself and discussed these with my partner

I suppose what I am trying to ask is cutting to the correct dose going to be a better option or should I cut completely. I am in complete ignorance of what is best. Am I just going to make things more difficult by cutting down, and prolong the duration, or would complete stop be better solution, if tougher at first

Hope I am making sense. I want to get this right, I need to get this right!!

Is there someone out there who could befriend me on this journey? I never asked for help like this before, feeling very lonely at the moment
Old 04-17-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I suppose what I am trying to ask is cutting to the correct dose going to be a better option or should I cut completely. I am in complete ignorance of what is best. Am I just going to make things more difficult by cutting down, and prolong the duration, or would complete stop be better solution, if tougher at first
We can share our experience here but we can't tell you what to do. We cannot give you medical advice here - its against our rules mylifeback, and it's actually in your best interests.

Originally Posted by from our rule 10
Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals.
Unable to go to doctor due to getting others in trouble for getting me drugs
I'm not sure what this means or why it disqualifies you from getting professional medical advice? Presumably you're still prescribed these meds?

Dee
SR
Old 04-17-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mylifeback View Post
Ok I get what your saying, and luckily I do have hobbies etc. my friends and wider family are unaware of the problem, but again I am lucky in the sense non of them are users (I believe) so no temptation there

I have start a journal tonite to try and log feelings of when I would succumb to divert myself and discussed these with my partner

Hope I am making sense. I want to get this right, I need to get this right!!

Is there someone out there who could befriend me on this journey? I never asked for help like this before, feeling very lonely at the moment

Hi mylifeback and welcome!

You've made a courageous decision by posting here about yourself, good on you for doing it. You're among friends here and will find lots of support.

You don't say where you are and I'm aware that doctors / rehab centres etc work differently all over the world but my first advice would be to speak to your doctor no matter what.

Think about what you want to say, write some notes to take with you if you think it will help. I did and found it was easier to get across what I needed to say.

Be honest about the level of your use, and ask for help.

It's your right to ask for help, and your doctors job to provide it.

I can't give medical advice but I would say, if you're dependant don't quickly change your dose without medical advice. Withdrawals can be very dangerous.

Sending positive thoughts your way

NGB
Old 04-17-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sorry didn't mean to cause problems, or go against the rules. Again apologies

Won't the doc want to know where I was getting the extras from. Believe it or not when confronted by authorities I tend to crumble, and I might say something I shouldn't. So don't go

I wondered if anyone had managed to cut down then stop. Was it better for them then going complete without. I understand about medical advice. That's not what I want. I can get that from doc.net etc. i would like to hear from people, their stories if you like to try and help me make a decision. Someone who has been there and through it
Old 04-17-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

It may be different where you are, but I don't know of any Drs who have time to chase up where you got street drugs from or hunt down those who got them for you, mylifeback.

They may want to look at taking you off the codeine type drug you're abusing and onto something else but I can't see that's a bad thing, to be honest.

In the end tho, it's your call.

D
Old 04-17-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, do talk to your dr.

I'd be surprised if he was concerned with specifics about how you got the drugs. And, he is the one to give you advice on how to get off it.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Ok, I'll try to dig deep and find the balls !!!

I have read a lot here about NA, I am based in the UK. I know of AA, are there any Uk people who know if there is such a thing in the UK. Dumb question I should google it, but wondered if anyone had any insight

Also. When I have decided on my plan, big discussion with partner tomorrow, at work until the morning, I would like to journal online here. Where is the best place for the thread. I noticed there a bit scattered around, but the support you people give one another is incredible.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Cool

I don't know specifically where you are, but here's a link for NA in the UK..............:

http://ukna.org/

Hope this helps.....

(o:
NoelleR