Notices

2 Weeks Today :)

Old 04-16-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 Weeks Today :)

Well just an update today is 2 weeks no alcohol and at the moment I am tempted but wont give in. I have been reading lots of threads and the support here is great... Thanks everyone
Old 04-16-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 weeks, NeoGuest! You're doing great!
Old 04-16-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Whoo hoo! That's great Neo.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NeoGuest View Post
Well just an update today is 2 weeks no alcohol and at the moment I am tempted but wont give in. I have been reading lots of threads and the support here is great... Thanks everyone
Congrats on 2 weeks.

I'm a couple of days behind you. Can I ask, how are you finding it? My days seem to vary a lot. Some days it seems to be easy. Others, like yesterday, close to impossible. There doesn't seem to be any particular trigger, just some days I really, really want to have a drink and no amount of distraction seems to take my mind off it.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PedroChavez View Post
Congrats on 2 weeks.

I'm a couple of days behind you. Can I ask, how are you finding it? My days seem to vary a lot. Some days it seems to be easy. Others, like yesterday, close to impossible. There doesn't seem to be any particular trigger, just some days I really, really want to have a drink and no amount of distraction seems to take my mind off it.
I have be finding it not to bad but today is the second day that I have been really ready to go. I have family support so they are helping,I am just keeping my head down and getting through it..

Keep going mate its not worth it giving in
Old 04-16-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep going mate its not worth it giving in
Thanks NeoGuest. Keep us up to date on your progress.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Don't give in! Congratulations on 2 weeks!
Old 04-16-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PedroChavez View Post
Thanks NeoGuest. Keep us up to date on your progress.
I will just post here from now on instead of making a new thread this will be home

PedroChavez keep us updated...
Old 04-16-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Go for a month now. I found things (sleep, cravings, boredom, moodiness, etc.) started to get much better after about the 18 day mark, so hang in there.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by johnt99 View Post
Congratulations! Go for a month now. I found things (sleep, cravings, boredom, moodiness, etc.) started to get much better after about the 18 day mark, so hang in there.
Thanks johnt nothing seems to interest me to much at the moment hope that changes soon as for sleeping it has improved a lot..

onwards and upwards
Old 04-16-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks johnt nothing seems to interest me to much at the moment hope that changes soon as for sleeping it has improved a lot..

onwards and upwards
Yeah, I actually had/have that too. It seems to be getting better for me too. I actually am looking forward to doing certain things, am planning things. I'm not sure if it's boredom, some lack of chemicals reaching the brain, depression, or a combination.

One thing I had thought about in my first couple weeks of sobriety is that, oddly enough when was drinking I didn't particularly like that I was doing it, but at the same time it was what I most looked forward to each and every day. For the most part it seemed like I would just "get through" whatever I needed to do in order to get to the point in my day when I was able to sit back and have that first sip of many. I would actually plan for it, plan things around it, and make sure that it happened, and I looked forward to it. Well, when I no longer had that, I felt lost and almost as though I had nothing to look forward to anymore. I felt depressed and moody and unsure what to do with myself... Maybe this is what you're experiencing too. I still feel it a little, but it is MUCH better now than what it was a couple weeks ago (I'm on Day 31). It's a matter of finding new routines, new things to do, new plans and after a while those are the things you start looking forward to.

Hope things continue to get better!
Old 04-16-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Last booze: April 10 2015

Thanks for that comment John. I'm only on day 6 but I'm finding it hard to do anything other than things I have to. I'm not doing the stuff I know I normally enjoy and it's worrying me a bit. Great to hear that this improved for you over time. Something to look forward to for sure!
Best Wishes all.
C
Old 04-16-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by johnt99 View Post
Yeah, I actually had/have that too. It seems to be getting better for me too. I actually am looking forward to doing certain things, am planning things. I'm not sure if it's boredom, some lack of chemicals reaching the brain, depression, or a combination.

One thing I had thought about in my first couple weeks of sobriety is that, oddly enough when was drinking I didn't particularly like that I was doing it, but at the same time it was what I most looked forward to each and every day. For the most part it seemed like I would just "get through" whatever I needed to do in order to get to the point in my day when I was able to sit back and have that first sip of many. I would actually plan for it, plan things around it, and make sure that it happened, and I looked forward to it. Well, when I no longer had that, I felt lost and almost as though I had nothing to look forward to anymore. I felt depressed and moody and unsure what to do with myself... Maybe this is what you're experiencing too. I still feel it a little, but it is MUCH better now than what it was a couple weeks ago (I'm on Day 31). It's a matter of finding new routines, new things to do, new plans and after a while those are the things you start looking forward to.

Hope things continue to get better!

Thanks John I will be sticking with it this time no more excuses..
Old 04-16-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job on 2 weeks sober
Old 04-16-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Great work NeoGuest. Keep it up! It gets better day by day.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Big Congrats Neo on an awesome 2 weeks and counting!! Things get better each and everyday.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

2 Weeks is fantastic!! Keep it going!!
Old 04-16-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wonderful news NeoGuest - so happy you're doing this. Life will continue to get better & better as you heal.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Two weeks is a great accomplishment! Keep on going!
Old 04-16-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on two weeks Neo

I know you use SR - what does the rest of your recovery plan look like?

D