Notices

Anxiety is killing me....

Old 04-15-2015, 10:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxiety is killing me....

The anxiety I'm feeling seems like the death of me tonight. I have a huge hole in my chest, feels like I'm dying inside. I can't seem to get to go away, I'm not sleeping, eating. I've lost 10 pounds, it just doesn't go away, it's been over a week now. I don't feel like I'll ever be okay.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Oh Charliee I am so sorry you are going thru this. Have you gone to see your doctor?
Old 04-15-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You will be. It once took me 10 days to finally sleep and not want to jump out of my skin. Keep on believing that it will get better. I felt so anxious that I was welcoming death. It never happened. I faced another day sleepless but I knew that one day I'm going to lay my head down without thinking and fall asleep and the next morning I awake with a whole new outlook. And with that, the anxiety falls away. Then you realize once you get through it, you never have to go through it again. And that you never want to be in that place again. You WILL get there. Your brain is still stabilizing.
Much compassion,
Puffy
Old 04-15-2015, 10:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with BC...why not talk to your Dr, Charliee?

D
Old 04-15-2015, 10:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Do you have anyone at home or that you can call to talk to? Sometimes talking to people either in person or on the phone used to help me. Someone who can hug you and try to understand how you are feeling. When I go through extreme anxiety it helps me.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

I agree with seeing a Dr can you make an apt today Charliee
Old 04-16-2015, 01:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah, I talked to my dr. about the anxiety and he gave me clanapanz (anti anxiety) which I managed to completely abuse and sent me into spin that still hasn't stopped. Not his fault, I really thought I could take it this time as prescribed, what a joke. I feel so stupid
Old 04-16-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh boy the anti anxiety meds. I had the exact situation where I went to my doc and he gave me valium (anti anxiety med). I just ended up abusing them and drinking with them. Won't ever do that again
Old 04-16-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Charliee View Post
Yeah, I talked to my dr. about the anxiety and he gave me clanapanz (anti anxiety) which I managed to completely abuse and sent me into spin that still hasn't stopped. Not his fault, I really thought I could take it this time as prescribed, what a joke. I feel so stupid
You have seen a counselor in the past too, correct? Perhaps you could arrange a visit? I saw my regular doctor's office about my anxiety too and they immediately prescribed me some drugs too ( which I didn't take BTW ). There are a lot of counselors out there that will try other methods before resorting to drugs, you might want to try that.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

((Charliee))
Old 04-16-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Charliee, I deal with debilitating anxiety as well. One of the few things that works for me is really intense exercise -- the heart rate up. It gives me relief during the time I'm exercising, and also eases up the anxiety for a while afterwards. Are you able to do anything in that way? If so, maybe give it a try? Brisk walk, a run, hot yoga...
Old 04-16-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((Charlie)))
Old 04-16-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Charliee, I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. It will get better.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry that you are having such crippling anxiety, I know how horribly debilitating it can be. Please follow up with your doctor again. Please don't drink over it.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

When I stopped drinking my anxiety was literally through the roof. I couldn't sleep, lost weight, had to pee constantly, horrible dizziness / wobbliness and literally couldn't watch TV or deal with any amount of stress.

Best thing for me was to get some sleep and my doc prescribed Trazodone for that. It along with an anti-depressant and a non-benzo anxiety med did the trick.

Anxiety takes a while to ease up but it slowly does as your mind's neurotransmitters get back to homeostasis. For me the mess helped ease the distress during that process.

Six months sober and things are almost back to normal and the anxiety, while not totally gone, doesn't even feel like anxiety.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I concur with the other posters about seeing a doctor who is skilled in dealing with patients with anxiety.

If a doctor gives you benzos, you may want to see another doctor.

Anxiety is a formidable adversary, and it is worth seeking treatment for it.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hang in there Charliee!! SR is here for you!!
Old 04-16-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Ugh, make it stop. I'm still foggy and feel like jumping out of my skin. My head is pounding and still can't eat. I just want to sleep, with no dreaming, no thinking, no anxiety..