Notices

Body temperature

Old 04-13-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Body temperature

Silly question or two but my body temp has risen. I don't have fever and I'm comfortable just hot. Is this my normal body temp leveling off like I expect? I quit smoking on the same day with the patch too. I don't usually run warm. I'm always cold. Lol. I also have a weird slight burning pain on the right side of my abdomen that I'm watching. It gurgles and comes and goes like a dull pain. Shakes are too bad either. Ok back to my hole. 😊
Old 04-13-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

I assume you took your temperature and it's normal but you feel hot.....try drinking water or gatorade, no caffeine......maybe a warm shower or bath or a cool one......(guessing here)......or call your doctor and get in for a visit
Old 04-13-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We can't give out medical advice here but maybe a visit to the doc may be in order. Just to be safe

Jennifer
Old 04-13-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi thanks for the replies. Wasn't seeking medical advice. Just was wondering if anyone else experienced the same. Enjoy your week.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

I had skin issues for a while, temperature changes, itching, rash, sweating that wouldn't quit and the aroma lasted a long time for me....I took a lot of hot showers as they seemed to help me. I think the skin is just another system that has to become normal. If it's bothersome, do get to the doctor. Do drink a lot of fluids, too!

Keep moving forward!!!!
Old 04-13-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you spoken to a Dr Ice
Old 04-13-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My body temperature ran hot the entire time of my five years of daily hangovers and nightly drinking. I was always hot and sweaty. Sometimes I was cold and sweaty. Other times it switched back and forth between hot and cold pretty quickly.

After a few months of sobriety my body temperature has normalized. I didn't even own a thermometer during my drinking. However, when I did have to visit the doctor my temperature was always normal, even though I felt like I was burning up almost all the time.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've heard that alcohol messes with the way our "thermostat" in our brain interprets information from our body. When detoxing it is usual to "feel" cold or hot at various times. For me, it usually leveled out in 1-2 weeks. If you still "feel" hot after a couple weeks, I would go see the Dr. Best Wishes. How long has it been since your last drink?