Notices

Weekend finally comes to an end...Day 3 starts Monday

Old 04-13-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weekend finally comes to an end...Day 3 starts Monday

The other thread I wrote on a few days ago mentioned how I had 35 days sober and then right out of nowhere " I can drink and control it...I want a beer". OK, that beer turned into almost a week of drinking, drunkenness, sloppiness and just outright belligerence! So I'm back on here knowing I can do better for myself and my family. I don't want to put a number on my plans as that will just add more pressure on myself. One day at a time is all I tell myself and my wife who has been a tremendous rock with all my nonsense.

We've been going through some rough times financially(who isn't these days) so frustration levels can get high with bills showing up at your door as they tend to do. Shes in school finishing up while I work and we have 2 kids. I really don't want to add the extra stress of me while she is in school. It's hard enough on her. I really wish we with this addiction can take back some of the things we've put our family through. I regret a lot! I was watching Intervention earlier tonight and Candy is her name who is one of the main and old school people on the show was leading the intervention and said something that really hit home "Regret, regret is what keeps us drinking to stay drunk". I just wish I can stay on the right track and just for the love of God if there is one.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't wish man - make it happen.

I'm not trying to be combative but you obviously need to do more to stay sober than what you've been doing.

any ideas?

D
Old 04-13-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

A plan will help acceptance is key http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 04-13-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can make a plan of recovery that will work for you.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Don't wish man - make it happen.

I'm not trying to be combative but you obviously need to do more to stay sober than what you've been doing.

any ideas?

D
Obviously