Notices

Proud but ....

Old 04-12-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Proud but ....

Two months sober yesterday. Proud but feeling like I want a drink more than ever.
Some things in my life have improved these past two months but overall I am feeling miserable. Getting over bronchitis and fighting with a family member which is rare for me.
Last week was rough but I DID do some creative work- I started a new painting actually I am almost finished for an upcoming show so I will hang on to that I guess
Old 04-12-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 months! Keep hanging in there Robinz. You've been going through some rough times, but once you get through this, you'll be glad you got through it sober.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Robinz

sorry things are still a little rough for you. I really encourage you to stick with it tho - sobriety may not make everything better but I really believe it makes us better...it certainly helped make me better equipped to deal with life's challenges

D
Old 04-12-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

If you are physically unwell it seems to impact on how we feel in other areas. Maybe the picture will be brighter when that bronchitis is behind you.

I my experience it is not all that uncommon to run into a black spot after a couple of months dry. For me it had to do with how I reacted to life. Just stopping drinking didn't change my thinking or attitudes.

I was unaware there might be anything wrong with my attitudes, so it never occurred to me to make any changes. My alcoholic life and way of thinking were the only normal way for me. I later discovered I was a bit off beam, and it put me in conflict with the people around me, and had me doing things that I later regretted. This brought on the misery which, when it had grown enough, was sufficient to make drinking look attractive.

The solution seems to have been a complete and profound change in my reaction to life where I am now able to live in harmony with those around me, most of the time, and can handle life's ups and downs without thought of a drink.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Give yourself longer than just two months for the cravings to go away. But eventually they do go away, or at least get awfully small and quiet.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Two months is great, congratulations on your creative endeavors
Old 04-13-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

2 Months is fantastic!!
Old 04-13-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 2 months i agree with D

Well done Robinz
Old 04-13-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 2 months sober and good work on your new painting. I hope your craving diminishes very soon.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for your words of wisdom
This morning I woke up with a bit better feeling about everything. I have to believe that this WILL make me better and my life fuller by keeping sober. I so appreciate those who took the time to comment. It definitely helped me through my bad day.