The conversation that wasn't

Old 04-12-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The conversation that wasn't

After 4 calls, 3 text and one thin reply of "I'll talk to you Sunday" there was no talk. Just a text that said "I work everyday. I know u want my stuff out, u have made that very apparent. I'm trying to work that out. I will let you know this week."

Not one thanks for holding it or I'm sorry. Not that I expected it, but one can dream. So many people in other threads have asked do addicts even know the pain that they cause? Do they feel or care about anything other than themselves and what they want? No, they don't. They can put on the show and hold out for awhile as long as you don't get in the way, but make no mistake, pills or (certain)programs, they come first. Isn't it amazing how you're good enough to support them and love them, but somehow you're a trigger when they want to start the new life with the clean slate with all new people?

He doesn't have to talk, or deal with anything that he decides messes with his "recovery" and just live in his little rehab bubble with rehab pals. Selfish, isolated, enabled, indoctrinated and as childish as ever. But I guess if it's a rehab that enables that's ok.

My lord I can't wait til every trace of this man is gone. I actually went back and read the oldest texts between us from before he left til today. I don't even know this man now and never did. It's going to be one long time before I can go near a date.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Goodwill

1900 Jericho Turnpike
East Northport, NY 11731
(631) 462-4219

Home | Goodwill NY/NJ
Old 04-12-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think Carlotta has got it right. Why don't you take your power back and let him know if he doesn't pick up his sh!t by such and such day you will take it to Goodwill.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was going to put it on the lawn at rehab
Old 04-12-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Carlotta! You are the best!
Old 04-12-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by Duckygirl1 View Post
I was going to put it on the lawn at rehab
While I love the idea (I can be a bit of a prankster), it smells too much of retaliation since the feelings behind it would be anger and frustration rather than humor. You could also get in trouble with the rehab and they might send you a cleanup bill or something.

The great thing with Goodwill is that it benefits a good cause (job training for low income people) AND some of his stuff will make people happy.
Right there you can create some good Karma
A woman's trash is a stranger's treasure.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

True!!! Don't need the clean up bill. And it would be frustration indeed. Sad thing is it doesn't have to be this way at all. Believe it or not, when not majorly screwed over, I'm the picture of reasonable. So I figured, fine, you don't want to talk TO me, I'll dump your crap and now you can talk ABOUT me. Probably told your Disney rehab princess I was horrible anyway.

I was just talking to a friend in Chicago. After this purge, I'm going to spend a week back there with some old friends rejuvenating.