Notices

Just in case you are Wondering

Old 04-11-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Just in case you are Wondering

Hello everyone,

I have been not around for a while. My husband and my kids been gone on spring break for 2 weeks. My family is coming back Tonight and I have been busy going to my AA meetings and having phone interviews for jobs.

My sponsor have me doing some homework for step 4, about Resentful, Cause Of, and Affect Me. I have been cleaning house of my inventory of myself.

Next week I am hoping I get a call from one of the staffing agencies to call me for another interview for a Eye Doctor. I am just taking it one time a day. I am learning not to get ahead of myself and learning that if I don't get this it isn't met to be.

I celebrated my 60 days last Saturday at a meeting. It was different but I didn't drink that night either.

Couple days ago, I had a test or something. It was pretty awkward situation. Since I been sober for 2 months now I have been notice a lot of things that I wish I never seen. My neighbor moved in about 2-3 months ago, seen cops over there, clothes in the front yard, been told from my daughter that house has abusive and drug related issues but the authority doesn't have any proof of it. In a couple days or so, I was smoking a Cig outside and decided to throw my butt in the trash can, when I did that I heard a kid say hello do you know where my mom is. I looked across the street and seen a 3 year old boy standing btw the front door open wide, with only a diaper on. It was about 10 at night.

I walked away to go back in and saw a car that someone was driving his mom home. I had many things going thru my mind, like where is her other kids, who are the age 13-14, why did she leave him there and wanted mommy. What if he walked out of the house and wonder around the streets. I had to call my husband about it cause it was really bothering me. He told me you cant do nothing about it. You cant control what other people do and only control yourself.

I texted my Sponsor about it too and she said the same thing, unless you see he is hurt or something in that situation. Which he looked fine to me and only wanted to know where his mom was. It must still be on my mind cause it breaks my heart seeing a 2-3 year old being elected. Maybe that isn't what it was, maybe his sisters were there and that's how things work in that family.

The moral of the story is, I just let it go and said a prayer for them and hope I never see anything like that again.

Anyways, I am doing good and I just cant wait to see my family tonight.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

congrats on 2 months Jen. Hope the family reunion turns out good...

as for the neighbors... sad really, I hope you can still maintain focus and continue through with working your steps and getting better.

2 months is fantastic
Old 04-11-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done on everything you are achieving in your life at the moment.
Just wanted to say your husband was right to tell you not to get involved with the neighbours when you could see nothing obviously wrong with the little one.
This is a good lesson in control and I hope such control continues to blossom for you x

Driving my wagon of hope through beautiful views on my road to myself
Old 04-11-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sobriety! I can't help but mention that you can make an anonymous report of child neglect to child protective services. Even if there were other siblings in the home at the time, for a toddler to be outside of the house and speaking with a stranger is dangerous. Perhaps it might ease your mind to know someone will check on it after its reported.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Jen
Old 04-11-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 60 days Jen. Hope your reunion goes well.

Agree with what StayStrong said. I would feel really bad if something happened to that boy, or the other children.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 months! I've been thinking of you and am glad you're doing so well.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I also agree that it is very concerning that a child of that age is left alone. I would call child protection. it would be heartbreaking for you if you don't speak out and something horrible happens to him. Kids in that situation can die from a zillion household dangers - from trying to take a bath to trying to prepare food. That's way too young for a child to be left alone, even for five minutes!
Old 04-11-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

On reflection, I agree, CPS may already be aware of the family and there's no harm in checking?
Prob though is that things could get worse before (if) they get better
I think you must do what is right for you
My choice is to not drink, yours too, well done
Keep on keeping on x

Driving my wagon of hope through beautiful views on my road to myself
Old 04-11-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You're doing great, Jen!
Old 04-12-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Jen!!