Feeling threatened...

Old 04-10-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling threatened...

I have been doing so, so well! But not tonight, maybe it's because I've had a stressful week and I'm tired. This might sound dumb but tonight, I feel like my place in his life is being threatened. He celebrated his birthday and the amounts of compliments and love came pouring in from so, so many people. I felt jealous! He has so many friends and family and he always has and I just feel like I am not enough. Like he doesn't love me as much as so-and-so. I think a big part of it is because I got rid of social media so I feel like he shares things with other people that I am not part of but I had to delete facebook because I constantly compared my life to everyone else's to the point it was unhealthy. I know I did the right thing for me. I try to remind myself that no one can replace me and that social media isn't real life. Real life is spending time with people and creating memories which we have plenty of...it's not about staring at a screen or who "likes" something you put on a website. I guess tonight, because he has been so successful lately, instead of feeling proud I instead feel inadequate and left behind. And I feel even worse for saying that because I know his journey is about him, not me!
Old 04-10-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You know G,

This 'friend' uses you and sets you on the shelf at his whim. He pulls you in and then pushes you away. You like this being in his favor and work hard to get out of his disfavor. You like playing the game. You don't want any other players.

I think disabling your FB was wise if it was triggering jealousy. Consider reading through your threads here and whether or not you need to change your approach with this friend just like you changed your approach with social media.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

It doesn't sound to me like this guy wants the kind of relationship you want. Maybe it's best not to maintain the friendship if it is keeping you from living a happy life.