Rehab..

Old 04-09-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rehab..

Hi all..I have found out that my estranged AH has been in residential rehab and now doing all the follow up treatments with counselling etc I am wondering if he might as part of his treatment approach me with a view to seek forgiveness? If so I'm not sure how to deal with this? Also what if I recognise him on here?!
Old 04-09-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think a lot of us would really love to hear some pleading for forgiveness for all the damage they have done. I have seen MANY threads on "will they EVER be sorry?" type deal....soo......be happy that you may be getting the closure that sooo many of us yearn for (?)
And if you recognize him, just be sure to stay on your side of the street.

HUGS
Old 04-09-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Chances are that it will be a while before he gets to any "amends". It's entirely up to you, if he gets in touch with you, whether you want to hear anything he has to say. You're not a bad person if you just say that you aren't ready and will be in touch when and if you are.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just a 'sorry' would do for me?! If he could summon up the courage to approach me and say Sorry..

I could go into all the heartache, the kids, the worry, the wondering where the hell he is, the how do I excuse us from this family celebration politely, the how do I manage this situation whilst he is heading for drunkenness, the work colleagues, how do I disguise this...how do I cover for him how do we survive etc etc
Now he is recovering with a new gf? Ugh!
Old 04-09-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think that is future tripping. Please take care of you.

The amends I've received didn't really even brush the surface. He just doesn't remember most of it. Really, it has been the living amends that has made a difference in our relationship.

You may or may not receive it, but if you work your own strong recovery program, you will be ok either way. Truly.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

They pick up with new women because making life amends and repairing the damage they did with the one who stuck by them is actual work and would distract from their new addiction/illusion. Only positive restoration and action is an acceptable amends to me.