OT - Happy News

Old 04-08-2015, 01:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT - Happy News

I wanted to share our Happy News with my friends here… I was going to hold off for a little while but I have been feeling like Ive abandoned the group just a little, and wanted to explain. I have told a couple of you.. I just couldn't resist... But life has been so busy starting around Halloween of last year.. and now here we are at Easter of the next year already.

Cleanin, TOD, Blue, Butter, Charley, Eyes….. thank you for being a positive part of my life and for allowing me a peek into your lives.

So… next Halloween we will be a Family of 4 out Trick or Treating… my husband and I are expecting our second child in October..

We are completely thrilled and planned the timing in hopes of having our kids relatively close in age. Our son will be almost 4 when he has a new sibling arrive... he is spoiled so not sure how he will adjust. Right now its my biggest worry. But I think he will be very happy to have a brother or sister in a few years.

My husband is doing fine; Im not worried about him at all. He is so excited.. you all know he wasn’t around for pregnancy with our son, and he has regretted missing the whole experience.. so this time he plans to be completely involved as he calls it.. and so far he is doing great.. foot massages and all kinds indulgences for me.

I don’t want him to have any regrets so I don’t argue.. LOL

I just thought Id make a thread to share baby news in the future…
Old 04-08-2015, 02:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

YAY Allfor! I was tickled when you first told me! I'm happy you're sharing with everyone now! A new baby is an exciting adventure all around! Well you'll be round of course! LOL But you know what I mean?

Do you plan on finding out the sex or are you going to let it be a surprise?

I didn't know I was having a girl until she popped out! It was like I was looking in a mirror when the doctor held her up to show me my baby girl! And we still look like twins today. Only she's almost 35 years old now! LOL

Congrat's to you and the family!

TOD
Old 04-08-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the news! xoxoxo
Old 04-08-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Allfoooor that is amazing news!!!!! (((((hugs))))) Congratulations to you, your husband and the big brother to be i am so happy for all of you
Old 04-08-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((((all for))))) Congrats!! I'm so happy for you!! Please do keep us informed!

Love from Lenina
Old 04-08-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh Allfor this is awesome news! I think the importance your son will be given as the big brother will make him very happy. How he takes such good care of his kitties? Made sure all the older ladies at church had a valentine? Even keeps tabs on Mr. Legs? He's a natural!!

This little one is going to be one lucky baby! A mother like you? A father like your husband? Your son as big brother! Wow....can't go wrong there!

Looking forward to cute stories times two!!!!
Old 04-08-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh Allfor!!! So exciting!! CONGRATULATIONS! Your son will be fine with a baby, he'll be so excited to have a little sibling! Yay yay yay!!
Old 04-08-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yay Allfor!

I cant find smilies for babies on here! Sooo happy for your family. I have a sister and sometimes we fought when we were kids, but now shes not only my sister, but best friend. It will all be ok.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations allforcnm!

Old 04-10-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you Everyone. I appreciate your good wishes.. Its going to be interesting this time. I hope to do things quite a bit differently this time. I was under a lot of stress before because of my husbands addiction issues, our separation. I gained a lot of weight in part because I used food for stress relief and since I was gaining anyway.. it seemed reasonable.. LOL But I hope to eat better, exercise as much as possible, avoid stress, and sleep better. Summer is my slower time at work so this should also help.

So much going through my mind, but mostly just praying things go well and the baby is healthy. We have an appointment in a couple weeks & Im looking forward to learning more..

Not sure TOD.. I am a planner, so it would make me feel better to know at some point if it will be a boy/girl but then at the same time a surprise would be nice, and that's the way it used to be done.. I don't even know at what point in the past they were able to predict twins.. that would be too much of a surprise. (not expecting this in our case however).
Old 04-10-2015, 11:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((Alfor)))
Good luck with not gaining weight. I planned not to each time and each time those plans went right out the window! Ha!
Old 04-10-2015, 11:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I've only been pregnant one time! I gained 60 pounds while carrying her! LOL I lost all of the weight pretty quickly though due to being so active! My OBGYN doctor put me on a diet every month! ROFL I craved M&M's, long stem green onions and corn on the cob!

Bet you can't guess what my daughter loves to eat?

TOD
Old 04-10-2015, 11:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Im trying right now to stop drinking Dr Pepper... not fun.. headaches, cravings, anxious feelings.. sound familiar. LOL
Old 04-11-2015, 12:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Happy Congratulations, allforcnm!! That is truly wonderful news!

I'm sorry about the whole soda withdrawal thing...I do hope you are feeling well otherwise and that you will have a blissful, happy pregnancy and a beautiful, healthy baby!
Old 04-13-2015, 12:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Seren.. so far feeling good..

Dr Pepper... all soda really.. there is nothing beneficial in there. But its still got that hook.

Just so no one worries.. Im not giving up chocolate.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!! That is wonderful news! Hope everyone is happy and healthy.

Kari
Old 04-28-2015, 10:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ive been looking into some different things that are supposed to help with stress relief, and lead to a calm state of being.. so I will be sharing a few articles and things with the group. I figure everyone here has stress. LOL