Calm this time

Old 04-07-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Calm this time

So, I called the rehab and his cell phone again. This time I was collected and left a note for his counsellor to call me too in the hopes that one of them will take a step. I will call everyday for the next few days until I get a response. Then it's certified letter time. I don't care what any of them think of me. I've been treated like a non entity for months now, so whatever they were thinking before this wasn't good to begin with.

I have steel wool butterflies in my stomach. We broke up 5 months ago. He's obviously moved on. Why am I still here up and down like a roller coaster absolutely nauseous at the thought of dating anyone? I know it will pass, but I'm done with the feelings out of nowhere. I'm working my recovery so that I can be a good partner. My ED has done far less damage than his drink and drugs, yet somehow my recovery seems harder. The state and my insurance won't pay for a nice Disney rehab for me. So, off to work I go, off to mass I go faking it all the way. I. Am. So. Exhausted.

The parents left this morning. My last resort is his one healthy brother, but I don't want to bring drama into his life. If the saying "no good deed ever goes unpunished" has an application, it's in dealing with addicts.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

If he won't cooperate, see if his brother will sign for the damn storage container. At this point I wouldn't worry about enabling or imposing on his family. Let them go after him for the storage fees--better them than you. It needn't be a huge drama, you could just tell bro that you need the stuff OUT of your house and he won't sign for the storage unit.

Hugs, hope this gets resolved soon.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ugh. I agree with Lexie.

One thing I want you to look at in what you said. You are working on yourself so you can become a good partner. I think you need to change that in that you are working on your own recovery so you are drawn to a person who is a good partner to you. Just food for thought.

Hugs to you! XXX
Old 04-07-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Am I confused or is this your ex-boyfriend? Does the container issue require immediate action or can it wait a bit?
Old 04-07-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What Hopeful said!
Old 04-07-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

NYC- it's been 8 months now. He's going to be there for 10 more months. He's moved on. He has a job, a new gf and new lease on life. I'm stuck with his crapola and it's enough now. No one is responding and it is HIGHLY disrespectful of me. I don't give 2 hoots in a hat what he's going through. I made space for his recovery and bought all of that "I've got to work on me" crap for too long now! I. AM. DONE!

Lexie- you're right. I could care less about imposing on his family at this point.

H4- well, said!