i just dont know what to say

Old 04-06-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i just dont know what to say

Due to custody issues and lack of finances I moved back home until the divorce is final.

Well Hubby was suppose to give me keys to my other car but has not done so, Keeps saying I lost the second set of keys and if i want a set he will let me borrow his so i can pay for a second set. Humm I lost 4-5 sets of keys this past year, but the whole time I was gone I never so much as misplaced my keys.

He also removed some stuff from the house.

I brought it up when we meet to discuss assets and he was told to return them. They put a court order in on who was to drive what car etc. So far he has ingored all orders.

Well I have emailed my lawyer and she was contacting his lawyer($$$$).

So today he took out daughter to her program and when they got back I asked what happened and i was told to leave him the f alone, got called all sort of names and was told to call my lawyer. I assume he talked to his lawyer who is not happy with him.

OK I just looked at him like he was nuts and informed him I should be able to know what is going on.

The weird thing is he said something along the lines of "you think your someone" well I said yes.

I'm not sure he knew what to think. I called my dd program and left a message so I know what's going on and them I called the appraisers.

So in summary he thinks his behavior is justified and mine is unreasonable. Lol I'm not getting it. Oh and he's sober been that way for a couple of weeks(since I sued for custody)

So do they ever get it or is it all too much for them?
Old 04-06-2015, 10:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Looks like it's going to be an acrimonious divorce. Keep your side clean and document, document, document. If he's ignoring court orders, and you have it all recorded, it will not go down well with the court, including when they are considering custody.

I'm sorry you're stuck in such a high-stress environment. He may continue his unreasonable behaviour, or he may see the light. In one way his attitude is helping your case, but it can't make things pleasant. The fact that he's stopped drinking seems to be making him worse. A true recovery would be nice.

I assume you're not cooking for him, doing his laundry etc?
Old 04-07-2015, 03:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes I don't think it can be emphasized enough that you need to document EVERYTHING right down to him not providing you with ANY info regarding your daughter's program!
Old 04-07-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Some "get it" when they are ready to "get it", some never want to "get it".... it all depends on each person and what they really want. Right now it sounds like he just wants to be mad, so let him be mad
Old 04-07-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Some people do, some don't, some do way after the fact and we never know about it, some eventually make amends.

Based on my experience - he isn't going to 'get it' during the divorce so gather all the tools you have and wear them like a shield so you can get through it with as little personal damage as possible.