Tomorrow is THE day

Old 04-06-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is THE day

I cannot believe it is already almost the 7th. Two things happen tomorrow. First I have to go downtown to find out what exactly I have to do to get rid of my criminal charges. I am so so embarrassed to be in this situation. And I deserve to be. I cannot believe I had sunk, sank, sinked? so low as to be a criminal. And a pathetic criminal. Ok I still think the arresting officer is a twit, but still.

After I am finished humiliating myself in front of strangers I get to pick AH up from the airport. Which I volunteered to do. Not only that, my stupid ass volunteered to bring him by the house to see the dogs and take him by the grocery store.

Please send intelligence my way because I clearly need a lot.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh, dudette. That is one heck of a day. He really can't get from the airport on his own? Believe me, I speak from experience. Sometimes our mouths volunteer before our brain has time to catch up. Is there any way you can get out of it?
Old 04-06-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Duckygirl1 View Post
Oh, dudette. That is one heck of a day. He really can't get from the airport on his own? Believe me, I speak from experience. Sometimes our mouths volunteer before our brain has time to catch up. Is there any way you can get out of it?
I am a control freak. At least I will know where he is:-)
Old 04-06-2015, 09:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

amberly, just tell them the truth. I think most times in court, you talk to the prosecutor first. It's real informal. It's like a line up waiting to talk to him, you talk to him, explain you were acting a little crazy that night and why, they reduce everything. Wish I was there with you, to give your support.

I know you said you would pick him up, can his parents or a friend do it instead.

I really do think you need your own time to be by yourself, so you can figure out in your head what you can or can't handle anymore. If you pick him up, I can see him in a hoover mood.

Just here for you

((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))
amy
Old 04-07-2015, 01:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We only know where they are physically. It's their head that wanders around and we can never control that.

What about Amberly's self control? How will you be able to control not letting him manipulate you anymore?
Old 04-07-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You said you had a lawyer for this court appearance, right? Let him/her do the talking. If you have to say anything it will be quick--going on the record, entering the plea. Trust me, everyone there is more concerned about their own problems than yours.

And I certainly wouldn't be picking him up from the airport and running errands with him. He can take a cab and visit the dogs another day. I know you'll do what you'll do but it really seems like welcoming him home to "nothing's changed."
Old 04-07-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amberly View Post

Please send intelligence my way because I clearly need a lot.
This made me chuckle.

You got this....lift this up to your Higher Power to guide you, speak thru you, etc.

Tight hugs to you.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When you hear the whirring of the Hoover starting up just remember him hitting you. Sorry, but alcoholic or not, he's got MUCH deeper issues.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

This.

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
When you hear the whirring of the Hoover starting up just remember him hitting you. Sorry, but alcoholic or not, he's got MUCH deeper issues.
I hope today goes fast. XXX
Old 04-07-2015, 09:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hope all is going well, Amberly.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just catching this - hope everything went well!!!
Old 04-08-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yeah, check in and let us know how it went.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
Um I am pretty sure I will always remember that. But-thanks for reminding me?
Old 04-08-2015, 06:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

amberly....how did it go in court?

dandylion
Old 04-08-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
amberly....how did it go in court?

dandylion
Ok. I have to do counselling and community service. I aleady go to a lot more counseling than required and am a volunteer for a lot more hours than required. Fair enough- I am happy I can work through this to a good end.

On another note, I am still really upset about my arresting officer. They laughed at my husband being a combat vet, actually "nudged" him with boots and did not try to help him. The arresting officer laughed at me being upset and said "what all can we get her for"? They physically shoved me out of the hotel room so I was in "public'. My disorderly conduct was a hospital documented panic attack. My husband almost died and had to be res- I don't know how to spell it- but brought back with paddles and put on a breathing machine.

Before you think I am just being dramatic- the arrest was in North Charleston by NCPD. I have to talk to my therapist and work through it because the officer and incident has actually given me nightmares and more panic attacks.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
A work in progress

If you feel the officer acted improperly, you can contact internal affairs and make a complaint. It will be investigated, and if the officer is found to have acted inappropriately, they can take disciplinary action, from corrective counseling to suspension or discharge. Unlikely that a single complaint of this type would result in severe discipline, but officers who are constantly complained about do get consequences. Worth putting on the record if you feel he was really out of line.

Glad your matter got resolved without too much hassle.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
If you feel the officer acted improperly, you can contact internal affairs and make a complaint. It will be investigated, and if the officer is found to have acted inappropriately, they can take disciplinary action, from corrective counseling to suspension or discharge. Unlikely that a single complaint of this type would result in severe discipline, but officers who are constantly complained about do get consequences. Worth putting on the record if you feel he was really out of line.

Glad your matter got resolved without too much hassle.
Lexie- thank you on many levels. All I can say is thank you.

Once upon a time a hundred years ago I advised a very very large police force. And I respected each and every one of them. No matter how new. These men and women did herouc things every single day. And I stretched my neck out for them every single day- for thousands of days. That NCPD can be this corrupt makes me want to pull back and figh the charges. My young men and women were above criricism. I am absolutely sick about NCPD officers.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I had a longer post that got erased. I am just done. I am pissed and hurt but I can get over that. Thank you for reading. Thank you for listening. But I am upset and I am done. Done. Done. Done.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

amberly, what happened? what are you talking about being done. done. done.?

((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))
amy
Old 04-09-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

amberly....in case you are still reading, here...for the record, I want you to know that I do believe you about the police.

dandylion