A little update and Happy Easter SR family :)

Old 04-05-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little update and Happy Easter SR family :)

I spent a wonderful day with my grandson yesterday. I hadn't seen him in a while and was so grateful to spend the day with him. My oldest daughter (his mom) had a hard time forgiving me after divorcing her dad. With good reason I suppose. She also didn't approve of my relationship with my axbf who is still my best friend who is the alcoholic in my life and reason for finding SR. I guess where I am going with all of this is I found SR at a very low point in my life and found ways to cope not just with the A in my life but in other areas of my life too. Mostly I found how to feel okay about myself despite mistakes I have made in the past. That in turn has helped me to assert myself with my alcoholic xbf/best friend and improve my surroundings ...moving to the country where dear grandson enjoys visiting! I just wanted to thank my SR family for being here and for all the insights and sharing stories good and bad. I hope everyone enjoys this day and finds peace and clarity during the stormy times in life. I feel a special bond with so many here and just wanted to let you know that. Happy Easter!