Notices

The Missing Piece

Old 04-04-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up The Missing Piece

I feel the need to come clean. I did it again, in fact I have been doing it for the past 6-7 months. A Friday night binge, that kept me out until 2 in the morning. I am so sorry for keeping myself in denial. And have admitted this to myself and wife over and over again today. I pick myself up spiritually at the beginning of the week only to put myself down on the weekend. Right now I am in the pits of anxiety, depression and embarrassment that brought me this point of feeling the need to write about my current situation. In doing so I hope this can also help someone else. In knowing that the denial kept me a drunk. I often ask myself why is the truth so hard to swallow. Yet I know this is who I am "alcoholic." There has got to be a better way to live and I know there is! I must say, I feel so blessed that I am able to come here and write this. I realize I must become strong in my very own sobriety. Because I flat out hurt in my current situation "hungover with tears." I feel this is as good as time as any to start my new beginning. I hope and pray that all of you and I find peace in whatever affliction keeps us chained. I am so tired of living this way. I am not drinking today. And as the sun rises tomorrow I will call Easter the first day of my sobriety for the rest of my life. Once complete and again broken I will change my sobriety date. May god bless all of you and Happy Easter.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your doing good, your only human. Just start again fresh, I would say don't look at sobriety like a counter. Do your best! Stop drinking!!! I am in the same boat!
Old 04-04-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had a Good Friday lunch time binge that kicked me off my a$$ really bad. What an eye opener that was! But the scary thing is, I could so easily forget yesterday, and do it again. I'm not going to think that far, today i'm sober. Today is as far as I will look.
As for the Friday binge, pick yourself up and start again! That's what i'm doing. (Although I still think back and cringe with embarrassment at how i was so drunk at a restaurant at noon).
On a bright note! We have the same sobriety date! April 4th! Yay!
Old 04-04-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can do this Goose! But just remember it's only one day at a time. You don't have to quit "forever", just for today. Eventually all the "todays" add up and you wake up one day and realize you're happy!
Old 04-04-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you got a sober plan
Old 04-04-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Goose, I'm so glad you posted and talked about what happened. I did it many times, but finally I was just done. Exhausted from pretending it would ever be any different. Each time I picked up it led to disaster and danger. No fun left in it - just runaway anxiety. You can get free - you sound ready.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Goose, it's so good to see you here!! I've been dealing with some life changes and I decided last night to read the February 2013 thread from the beginning. You are such a good presence here on sr. Your posts inspired me, and I found myself wondering about you, hoping you were well.

And here you are!

I'm sorry about the circumstance, but glad you are back. You can get sober, I've seen you do it! But I think you know this, you need a plan. It doesn't have to be a pretty one. Are you willing to do what it takes? It might mean meetings, might mean a different social life for a while, you might have to practically live on here for a while but hey- we'd all be better off for that.

You can do it goose! Maybe head over to the 24 hour thread and pledge to stay so er for the next 24? I'll head there now and do the same...
Old 04-04-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Court jester

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Have you got a sober plan
What wolf said.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you've decided to start again Goose.

Start working on a plan - ensure that this time will be THE time

D
Old 04-04-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. My plan is to put God first in everything that I do. Today I enrolled in a 60-day course called "New Wine" from the site Setting Captives Free. I have already did today's assignment. A mentor has been assigned to me for my sobriety walk. By God's Glory I will be sober this evening. Thank you all for the kind words. I do understand that this can only be done one moment, one day at a time. I like to Golf - there is a site called Sober Golf that I plan on joining. Their members encourage each other to stay sober by playing golf. But I know that Golf alone will not keep me sober. I also plan on frequent visits here at SR, you all have been inspiration for me. And I plan on attending my church more. I know God will put me in the right direction to meet people like myself. So this is my starting point; as go forward I'm sure advice and the right people will come my way. So happy to hear from you WeHav2Day.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Alrighty goose, do whatever works then do more of it!