Notices

Day #2

Old 04-04-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day #2

Well, it is day two and I'm feeling pretty fantastic. Even though I only got roughly 6 hours of sleep, I actually woke up this morning to a commitment I made a few days ago to go train with a friend of mine. I was able to wake up and have coffee and talk to my brother and his fiance. Had some good laughs.

It is interesting as I don't even see it as "getting sober", really. It is more along the lines of, "actually being me". I don't know why I started binge drinking as much as I did. Maybe boredom. Maybe still in that 'party phase', as I have friends that drink often (but all have been 100% supportive). Maybe a combination of both.

Either way, for me "getting sober" is more of me cutting out the unnecessary action(s). I'm actually a pretty pleasant person to be around sober, but when I drink I have a reputation of being that sarcastic ******* who makes people laugh, and maybe I was thriving on that attention. I'm no doctor... but I've seen one on T.V. Haha

Either way, just to follow up; Reading through all of the recent posts here have made me see that this is really a damaging thing I was doing to myself, and that I am incredibly lucky that I caught it before I became so dependant on it that it would be like trying to crawl out of a well. The DWI was almost a blessing in disguise (yet still incredibly embarressing... again) but maybe it was that push I needed. Still going to attend some AA meetings around my area. Still going to live my life as if nothing has changed, because, to be frank, nothing really has. I am still the person who I was. Intelligent, friendly, out-going... I just don't do something. That is all. It didn't define who I was. It actually muddled it. Drug it through the mud.

So thanks again for the inspiration and continued support. You're all awesome. Now, time to go train and get a little sweaty!

Old 04-04-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Court jester

Welcome! Please keep us posted on your progress.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job
Old 04-04-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 2
Old 04-04-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are going well xenodoma

D