Finally some good news

Old 04-03-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally some good news

I finally got good news yesterday. I talked to my AH who is in treatment (and seems to be doing well).

First of all, he contacted and made arrangements for a sober house when he gets back in town all on his own. This absolutely amazed me and I am hoping he can continue starting to look out/ care for for himself.

Second, he checked his bank account and apparently received a bit of disability back pay. He offered to give it to me for household expenses, but I told him to hang on to it (or I probably will hang on to it for him) because it was enough to pay for almost a year in a sober house. I am so freakin' happy for him. And I am not being sarcastic. I feel like the weight of worry and guilt has been lifted off my shoulders. I can focus on me even after he is back in town and not have to worry about how he is going to get by. Plus he now has some financial freedom and that will hopefully help his confidence and recovery.

Sigh, breathe, many thanks for hearing my prayers...
Old 04-03-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

That's wonderful Amberley. I hope the rehab and sober living get him back to long-term sobriety. It's his best shot.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

it is a big step when they start figuring things out on their own, good for him. I hope he continues down that road.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's great! I think you should take a chunk of it and do something nice for yourself